Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so far its 28,000 but i am eager to get the turbo boot feature enabled, as you cannot over clock, and OSX doesn't have turbo enabled for the Xeons yet, that should add another few thousand... as its a 400mhz jump (from 2.7 to 3.1) over 16 cores =D

Still can't believe I have the highest... I mean wow, never would have guessed! first time too =D

Actually, Tutor has the highest Geekbench score (40,000), but his build is listed as a MacPro5,1; as is mine. Shame the E5 can't be overclocked much yet, as your machine scoots past mine at stock (around 27,000), but can't quite match it overclocked. Nice to see someone else has discovered Case Labs for Hackintoshes though.

Yea... love the case... how does the GTX 580 work in the hackintosh?

On another note... still working on getting my audio to be fully functional on my Z9PE-D8 and have tried a few different things and one of which is changing my SMBIOS from a Mac Pro 5,1 to an iMac 12,2 and its actually slightly helped... sadly I can't fully tell because I'm having to remote in to see if my audio playback programs lag or not... can anyone offer any suggestions regarding getting full functionality out of Realtek 898?

My God! You have a Rocket Launcher!!!

Thank you

Yea... love the case... how does the GTX 580 work in the hackintosh?

Had to adjust a few settings by editing AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, but now that it's all said and done, it works pretty well, although the CPU horsepower helps considerably. In fairness, the 6870 for 1/4 the cost is only a little slower in OS X. Due to software limitations, I can't get the overclock above 900 MHz on the GTX 580 in OS X; it does 970 without increasing core voltage in Windoze.

LuxMark Results DB

The CPU is the real horsepower though....
LuxMark Results DB
LuxMark Results DB
LuxMark Results DB

QUICK UPDATE

Since last post...

Made some hardware upgrades to my computer:
Added the 4 1TB drives from my Mac Pro in a raid 10 config for 2TB of additional useable space.
Also added another 120gb SSD - Not sure what its going to be used for but will probably install Windows on if for my very finite amount of windows apps.

ALSO GOOD NEWS
After installing 10.8 Mountain Lion ALL audio issues went away and I can now use FCP and Quicktime again!

One problem though... having an issue with Final Cut Pro X where it will not be able to save any changes to projects or events... here is the link to my post here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-software/62857-major-problem-final-cut-pro-x-please-help.html

If anyone knows anything I would really appreciate the help. Thanks!

Should've got the gtx 680 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back