Contribute
Register

[Z77 Build] SkeletalMac MKII - Z77X-UD5H w/Nvidia 560ti 448

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordo74 said:
Easy there man-hulk. I've handled hundreds of motherboards as a PC tech over the past decade and can say I've never done that.

Yea that seems excessive to me. Whoa... :eek:

Gordo74 said:
Easy there man-hulk. I've handled hundreds of motherboards as a PC tech over the past decade and can say I've never done that.

LOL :lol: Made my day.

Yeah I have no idea why, it had no resistance compared to the other 7. Honestly think it was like that from the start just you don't notice till you take the DIMM out. Looks like a rough snap but it's actually a clean break.

Can't say I have the finesse that comes with handling 100's of motherboards in a decade, but I've handled my fair share :)

philz, tomorrow i'm going to be installing osx on my new system. I need to go out and buy a bigger thumbstick in order to do it though. I was thinking about getting a 16GB USB 3.0 stick, but then I thought there might be some incompatibilities.

Should I stick with a USB 2.0 stick to be safe?

MicMak said:
philz, tomorrow i'm going to be installing osx on my new system. I need to go out and buy a bigger thumbstick in order to do it though. I was thinking about getting a 16GB USB 3.0 stick, but then I thought there might be some incompatibilities.

Should I stick with a USB 2.0 stick to be safe?

Either, USB 3 drive will work as USB 2 when plugged into a 2 port. Corsair's USB3 are notorious for dying quickly (I've had 2 so far of their 16gb, their RMA is quick though)

Costco's Sandisk Cruzers I've never had an issue with, I have a few and they've each done more R/W's than my Corsair USB3.

Phil

Gronko said:
3ozpi4.jpg

19499759.jpg

Fixed:
rG2b

On a side note, I really want this mobo for my upcoming build. Any information you can give on configuring it would really be appreciated as I don't feel confident enough in "taking the plunge" just yet.

Thanks!

lol @ the scumbag steve hat!!!
nice one syndrone

19513325.jpg

19513418.jpg

:headbang: So amused at this :thumbup:

syndrone said:
On a side note, I really want this mobo for my upcoming build. Any information you can give on configuring it would really be appreciated as I don't feel confident enough in "taking the plunge" just yet.

OK back to a more serious note!

It'll be a great motherboard baring any magical fairies given you momentary hulkness.

19513643.jpg

Dammit I couldn't resist...

Now really back to serious. The over clocking is a bit odd, but as Swede kindly link'ed to me:
http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45302

Goes over Ivy Bridge OC'ing in great depth. Would in general just apply to that board.

As for OSX, sleep is super dependent on what you have selected in the BIOS. It never worked for me if I had the on chip graphics running for example. Also believe I had to flip some EHCI handoff support to enabled from disabled. My wired Apple Keyboard had the same issue most Z68's had of ejecting USB devices (not related to NIC issue with USB). Obviously if you don't have an Apple wired keyboard your fine.

Otherwise as for instillation of OSX:
  • Unibeast[/*:m:1eixwmpi]
  • reboot and select the osx drive[/*:m:1eixwmpi]
  • install multibeast (userDSDT without DSDT until tony makes some DSDT's), DON'T use MultiBeasts Intel driver. It causes issues use the one from 4/11 that you can find on insanelymac. External/Internal SATA, and IOACHI injector is moot, doesn't have relevant info, Audio will need to refer to Toleda's post (and come up with a DSDT but I say wait for tony, it'd be simpler)[/*:m:1eixwmpi]
  • Golden (just NO energy saver sleep and I had some issues with Nvidia card that hasn't manifested itself with the ASUS I'm on, also happened on the Z68X-UD3H[/*:m:1eixwmpi]

Again thing to remember is read, read, read. It's not that building a Hack is hard, it's that everyone is using slightly different hardware. Like my GPU issue, fine on the ASUS (cross fingers) but not on the gigabyte. Other people with 560 ti 448's can't even get them to run at all.

Moral of the story, It can be done! Though honestly wait for TonyMac to come up with DSDT's and a couple of other solutions for issues that Z68/Z77 etc will face in coming weeks.

philz said:
Either, USB 3 drive will work as USB 2 when plugged into a 2 port. Corsair's USB3 are notorious for dying quickly (I've had 2 so far of their 16gb, their RMA is quick though)

Costco's Sandisk Cruzers I've never had an issue with, I have a few and they've each done more R/W's than my Corsair USB3.

Phil

Thanks for the tip, I had been looking at the Corsair 16GB. Maybe I'll get something else. I've had an OCZ one forever, but it's too small now (4GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back