Contribute
Register

10.7 Lion supported graphic cards??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say Heading said:
Zikade said:
Now I get the best of two worlds: dramatically increased OpenGL performance while retaining my 3-Display setup. Thanks everybody...

So which version number do these magic kexts have?

As for the magic, I don't know - but according to sysprof it's 1.6.18...

sanyi83 said:
straycat264 said:
XFX 6870 XFNC working perfectly :D

How did you get it working? I have the exact same card and it isn't working for me.

Help!

HD-687A-ZN HD-687A-ZNFC V2.0
I'm nowhere near my machine right now, so I'll check this is correct when I get home, but off the top of my head...

Multibeast 3.7.3 (only because 3.8 wasn't out when I put the card in)

GE=yes,AtiConfig=Duckweed

Plus - I downloaded the DSDT for my motherboard (EX-GA58-UD5) from the TonyMac DSDT database, and installed it with Multibeast / UserDSDT - making sure I had the corred BIOS installed. I haven't rechecked this under Lion, but under 10.6.8, the card would not work for me without this step.

It's quite possible I no longer need the AtiConfig string (I added it before switching to UserDSDT), but since it's working, I'm happy to leave it there.

yuanzhao said:
Basically, all reference design HD6870s function out of box. I even got full QE/CI acceleration during the install process!

Until 6950/70 are officially supported, these look to be the most powerful GPUs you can get and will run with no effort.

Not sure about non-reference designs though.

I've been following the 6870 on other threads, and users are saying that only one of the two DVI ports works. Can you confirm that all ports are working? Do both DVI ports work for dual monitor setup? Thanks.

hinkle said:
Gigabyte GTX460 here. Uptime is at 24 hours now. I have been gaming, surfing, doing all kinds of things... no freezes :)

Could you please link me to the GTX 460 that you're using? Also, how was the process? Was it working oob?

Thanks!

EVGA Geforce 7600 Gt 256MB PCI-E 100% working full QE/CI

http://www.kexts.com/view/853-geforce_7 ... t.pkg.html

Will NOT work with 64bit. I know Lion is 64-bit but regardless you must Plist of during boot use arch=i386 Flag.

Must edit and add DevID 0x039 0x110de to com.apple.boot.plist in Geforce.kext, Geforce7xxx.kext, Natit, NVEnabler, NVinject,

NVDAResmanG7xxx, NVDANV40HalG7xxx.kext are the most important ones.

NVDAResman, must add in <IOPCIPrimaryMatch>String<0x039110de&0x0000ffff> as sibling a Plist Editor app. PlistEditorPro is a good one.

Repair permissions with Kext Wizard (Latest updated version)

Asus P5QL-EPU 100%

Audio with (Via VT1708s) (says 1705 but it's 1708s) ViaHDA.kext: http://www.kexts.com/view/599-via_vt1705.html

Ethernet working with Multibeast 3.8.0 and Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 patch/kexts selection.

Plus the usual kexts in E/E: IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, ElliotforceLegacyRTC, NullCPUPowerManagement, ACPIMonitor, IntelCPUMonitor, EvOrebootBoth FakeSMC, and FakeSMC. You have to Open contents the SuperIOFamily kext and delete F718x.kext from plug ins. Mac Pro 3,1, EthernetBulitIn=Yes, PCIRootUID=1 in Plist to get App Store to login.

I hope this helps. If anyone needs help just PM me. :)

tomhukk said:
yuanzhao said:
Basically, all reference design HD6870s function out of box. I even got full QE/CI acceleration during the install process!

Until 6950/70 are officially supported, these look to be the most powerful GPUs you can get and will run with no effort.

Not sure about non-reference designs though.

I've been following the 6870 on other threads, and users are saying that only one of the two DVI ports works. Can you confirm that all ports are working? Do both DVI ports work for dual monitor setup? Thanks.

Yes interested in this too.....

Can people test if Dual monitors are working? This kind of information seems hard to come by... or there are only few dual monitor users on this board?

isssac said:
novilin said:
Im going to try Lion on a Sapphire Radeon 6950HD 1gb by today :beachball: , wish me luck

how did it goes? :headbang:

:banghead: no acceleration have to delete certain ati 3000 and 6000 kexts to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back