Contribute
Register

eelhead's G5 Mod [REDUX] New pics and sorted first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
akhilv1 said:
Hi eelhead, can you please post the link for your mountain mods mobo tray since the ones that i am finding block the clip to open the side up.

You have to cut the back panel on the motherboard tray.

Jeffinslaw

akhilv1 said:
Hi eelhead, can you please post the link for your mountain mods mobo tray since the ones that i am finding block the clip to open the side up.
They all will, you have to cut a notch out of the Mountain Mod tray for the side panel lever.

hey ellhead are u still running 10.7.3 on your sabertooth x58 build?
i would like to put 10.7.4 on my build but i like to keep my os vanilla...
or should just wait for mountain lion?

dddirtman said:
hey ellhead are u still running 10.7.3 on your sabertooth x58 build?
i would like to put 10.7.4 on my build but i like to keep my os vanilla...
or should just wait for mountain lion?
I'm still on 10.7.3 but it has been worked on by more experienced people then myself and it should be released fairly soon. So as soon as it is then we can go right to 10.7.4 and most likely run Multibeast before the restart and be good to go.

As much as I love my current case I would love even more to have a setup like this, but with a large row of hot-swappable bays :headbang:

I just need to find a cheap g5 case now ;P

Absolutely AMAZING mod!! I have been wanting a new Hackintosh, and I saw an empty G5 case on eBay and thought why not :D So now I'm saving up for a new motherboard and processor so I can get my mod started!! This will help very much, so thank you :)

I have one question though: where did you get the hard drive caddie from? I have been trying to find one (not that specific one, but just any one) and I can't for the life of me find any.

austin4564 said:
Absolutely AMAZING mod!! I have been wanting a new Hackintosh, and I saw an empty G5 case on eBay and thought why not :D So now I'm saving up for a new motherboard and processor so I can get my mod started!! This will help very much, so thank you :)

I have one question though: where did you get the hard drive caddie from? I have been trying to find one (not that specific one, but just any one) and I can't for the life of me find any.
I had that with my G5, it is the original one and I bought the second one on ebay and bolted them together.

If you want any then you can snag this one on amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LF40KE/

That one will be going into my next modded G5.

ooooh i like that caddy....
I'm getting one for my next build...

and thanks for the heads up on the multibest(4.6.1) fix for us x58 users....
i did it last night (been busy) went great... :thumb up:

is there a procedure to redo my build thread pix etc...?
id like to remove some pix and resubmit..
thank u ...dave....

dddirtman said:
ooooh i like that caddy....
I'm getting one for my next build...

and thanks for the heads up on the multibest(4.6.1) fix for us x58 users....
i did it last night (been busy) went great... :thumb up:

is there a procedure to redo my build thread pix etc...?
id like to remove some pix and resubmit..
thank u ...dave....
Your welcome, :)

You can redo the first post like I did mine and add and remove photos or recreate a new thread kinda like a User Build set up and what not. All up to you in what you want to do and how you want to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back