Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> FireWire Audio Interface MacOS 13 (Maybe work on real Intel and Silicon mac)

was anyone able to solve this issue with macOS Sonoma, and does anyone know if Apple Silicon + macOS Sonoma + Saffire Pro24 is absolutely impossible?

Thanks a lot for the solutions in this post, I was finally able to connect the Korg Zero4 mixer to my hackintosh. The device now quickly connects, is detected by the system, and sounds come through it. But MIDI doesn't work! (In the "Audio-MIDI Settings" utility, the device is defined in the Audio section, but it is not in the MIDI section. Please, does anyone know the solution?

Struggling hideously since upgrading my ssd! Suddenly my Saffire Pro 24 DSP is useless!

I actually did the upgrade from Mojave to Sonoma with very little problems recently and managed to pop this kext into my EFI (opencore) and everything was brilliant!

But something happened on the move to the new ssd a week and a half ago and has totally killed it and I can't get it back!

I've tried everything here over a matter of days but am having no luck.

I'm not working right now so a new card is not an option but I'd much rather be spending time looking for work than troubleshooting this!

Any suggestions please?

I managed to reset to 14.3 from a SuperDuper backup - which was the last point it did work but still having no luck with re-enabling my Saffire?

Ironically the 14.4 update just dropped but I'll wait to hear people's experiences with that - doubting they will have re-introduced Firewire Audio support though?

My issue is that previously, I just copied the AppleFWAudio.kext into the Kexts folder on my OC EFI and that worked great but for some reason that doesn't now?

I've also tried the /Library/Extensions method but with no luck?

Is there anything within macOS that could be causing this?

Do I need to reset audio devices or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Many thanks!

I managed to reset to 14.3 from a SuperDuper backup - which was the last point it did work but still having no luck with re-enabling my Saffire?

Ironically the 14.4 update just dropped but I'll wait to hear people's experiences with that - doubting they will have re-introduced Firewire Audio support though?

My issue is that previously, I just copied the AppleFWAudio.kext into the Kexts folder on my OC EFI and that worked great but for some reason that doesn't now?

Many thanks!
Hi ! I have just updated to Sonoma 14.4 and no problem for me with my FireWire audio interfaces. Double check that your BIOS is correctly configured as well as OpenCore.

I am still on Monterey...

But try to disable SIP via OC config (set to disabled) or via Recovery; Restart with SIP disabled, install Focusrite or whatever FW Driver you have; Enable SIP again.

Report if it worked plz

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 16.11.48.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 16.11.48.png
    470.9 KB · Views: 13
Hi ! I have just updated to Sonoma 14.4 and no problem for me with my FireWire audio interfaces. Double check that your BIOS is correctly configured as well as OpenCore.
Can I ask where you installed the kext?

EFI or /Library/Extensions?

Also would you mind sharing your BIOS and config?

Also which FW interface?

Thanks.

Many thanks!
Do you have DisableIOMapper on disabled in OC config? That makes mine work on Monterey and Ventura!

Back