Motherboard
Gigabyte 970A-D3P
CPU
FX-8350
Graphics
GTX 950
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to install macOS Big Sur on an AMD FX CPU, but before the recovery installer even opens, it gets stuck in the middle of drawing characters on the verbose screen. Every time I restart, it gets stuck at a different point. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'll send an image of what it got to on last restart and my EFI.

IMG_4861.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
I'm trying to install macOS Big Sur on an AMD FX CPU, but before the recovery installer even opens, it gets stuck in the middle of drawing characters on the verbose screen. Every time I restart, it gets stuck at a different point. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'll send an image of what it got to on last restart and my EFI.

View attachment 569582
Your Nvidia is not supported (CPU is probably not supported either)

Your Nvidia is not supported (CPU is probably not supported either)
There's a full guide for AMD FX on OpenCore, and I've seen people get it working. In fact, I did once but the keyboard and mouse didn't work. I know it is possible

Also, last time I got to the installer, it wasn't laggy at all with graphics, so the GPU does work without patches

There's a full guide for AMD FX on OpenCore, and I've seen people get it working. In fact, I did once but the keyboard and mouse didn't work. I know it is possible

Also, last time I got to the installer, it wasn't laggy at all with graphics, so the GPU does work without patches
the nvidia card will be fine with High Sierra

the nvidia card will be fine with High Sierra
I tried booting High Sierra, still getting stuck during verbose

This time (I know it's changes each time, but still) it got stuck at HID:Lega[]

I tried booting High Sierra, still getting stuck during verbose

This time (I know it's changes each time, but still) it got stuck at HID:Lega[]
HID, could possibly be a USB issue of some sorts

HID, could possibly be a USB issue of some sorts
Nah, I just restarted and it got past HID, now it's at AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: AppleUSBLegacyRoot::init: enabling legacy matching

I don't think it's USB related though, it's freezing early in loading, so it could just be loading drivers/kexts to do with USB

Nah, I just restarted and it got past HID, now it's at AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: AppleUSBLegacyRoot::init: enabling legacy matching

I don't think it's USB related though, it's freezing early in loading, so it could just be loading drivers/kexts to do with USB
Yah! USB issue

make sure to use a USB2.0 stick, try all ports on back of PC

DSDT.aml should not be used with opencore

Yah! USB issue

make sure to use a USB2.0 stick, try all ports on back of PC

DSDT.aml should not be used with opencore
Ah ok, I'll try removing DSDT.aml and switching ports, but I don't have a 2.0 stick unfortunately

Ah ok, I'll try removing DSDT.aml and switching ports, but I don't have a 2.0 stick unfortunately
your usb setup doesn't look correct, best to use:
after you have installed

remove your current usb kexts, enable XhciPortLimit in config.plist, also add in USBInjectAll.kext

Back