Contribute
Register

Touchpad guestures work but shows up in System Settings as mouse...

I tried the EFI and unfortunately it didnt solve the problem. I also reset the nvram multiple times but it didnt seem to help. The battery status is also fixed (I think) but nothing helped. Now im just trying out different kexts enabling and disabling them in the config.

The battery status is also fixed (I think)
easy enough to tell... do you have a battery icon on your menu bar?

easy enough to tell... do you have a battery icon on your menu bar?
Not really, but when I go to system settings it shows as fully charged... One more thing, I tried to add the battery to the menu bar but theres no option to do it in control center..

Not really, but when I go to system settings it shows as fully charged... One more thing, I tried to add the battery to the menu bar but theres no option to do it in control center..
yes or no..

Snip20240502_2.png

Snip20240502_3.png

Uhmm no.. It says only AC power in system info

I tried everything there is to try without DSDT patching, and that i will try tomorrow because its 12am here. Let me know if you find anything. Thanks!

Uhmm no.. It says only AC power in system info
If you don't have the Battery connected to the laptop, then the report will only ever show the AC Power options.

I have used your System DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime script to generate a number of custom SSDT's that you should use with your Kaby Lake Refresh laptop. There are also a few ACPI patches you need to use, add to your config.plist, so the SSDT's work.

The screenshot below shows the options available when using SSDTTime.
Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 21.36.58.png SSDTTime options

The Results folder attached below contains the SSDT's generated using Options: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 0 & A.
As you have a Kaby Lake Refresh system I omitted option 6.
I don't know if your system requires any fixes for Bridge errors, so option 9 was omitted too.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 21.39.10.png Results folder contents

You need to add all the ACPI tables ending in .aml (except your system DSDT.aml table) to your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder. You need to add the companion entries for these SSDT's to your config.plist. You can use (copy and paste) the SSDT entries from the patches_OC.plist, if you are not sure how to do this correctly.

Obviously adding (dragging and dropping) these SSDT's to your ACPI folder will overwrite any existing SSDT's of the same name. You need to make sure you don't have any duplicate SSDT's that have a slightly different name, or are a combination of two or more SSDT's, such as SSDT-EC-USBX.aml. As this would be replaced by two individual SSDT's - SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml.

There are 7 x patches in the patches_OC.plist, which you need to add to the ACPI > Patches section of your config.plist. Copy and paste from the patches_OC plist to your config.plist in ProperTree would do the trick.

Again make sure you remove any previous patches that are related to the HPET, PLNF and XOSI SSDTs, so you don't have any clashes when you boot the system with these SSDTs.

Attachments

• Results.zip
    38.7 KB · Views: 3
I included the SSDTs and it fixed my brightness keys, but did nothing about the trackpad. It still works the same as before, MT2 gestures but doesnt show in settings. One more question tho, on SSDT-EC, the EC is stated as just "EC" whereas on my DSDT it states EC0. I thought this was a problem and i changed it, but it didnt boot and was stuck on some AHCI thingy. Is that normal?

Change it back.

The SSDT-EC.aml I provided in the Results folder was generated from your System DSDT.aml table, so it isn’t wrong.

After it didn't boot, i changed it back but the trackpad still isn't working. Any suggestions?

Back