1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Welcome. In this section of the tonymacx86 forum, we'll discuss the hardware, software and accessories (such as remote control, etc.) for Home Theater use of Hackintoshs. :clap:

Buying advice should still be posted in the Buying Advice section of the forum while specific use topics forcus on Home Theater Hackintouch use can be posted here. :headbang:

See this thread in the Buying Advice section for HTPC cases: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...-ii-htpc-cases.html?highlight=Ugly+Cases+Part which probably needs to be updated.

The Customization forum section has some discussion on IR remote control case mods that I'll link to.

Plex, Boxee and XBMC question can be addressed here, too. However, those questions really should be in the media center software's corresponding forums. Reference to those forum threads applicable to Hackintoshs are appropriate here.

One caution. We do not condone piracy or any illegal copying of s/w or other digital media on the tonymacx86 forum per Forum Rules & Policies. If you do post forbidden s/w or media links or actual attachments, you will be banned or
44684-slap-em.jpg

So, tell us your Plex, Boxee and XBMC successful configurations - bragging is OK, but provide details of your system. We also condone applying a WAF rating on your HTPC (Wife Acceptance Factor, 0-10 with 10 best acceptance and 0 indicates a divorce is imminent).

Last edited by a moderator:
All right- good stuff! Sold the original H55N-USB3 CustoMac Mini, but getting ready to build a new Mini-ITX HTPC with Sandy Bridge.

:thumbup:

cool i have a cellar cinema pc(windows)yuk..
i may have to convert it to osx
its a nice rack-mount case.....
also has a nice dvr card to use as well....
i smell a project for my touch/cinema display.

Back