Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Inject audio HDMI with custom values - APPLEHDA (appleHDAcontroller.kext) gtx970

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could also edit the file without the PLIST editor but with textedit. Even if there is no string in the patch, you can add it and enter the version of your system. Obviously you did not find the value (DE101A0E) before in the config.plist file, because you had not entered it yet.

The patch must be inserted all in a specific field, which however you found with plisteditor more easily.
If it doesn't work after what we've tried, you'll need to fix it.

I built you the kext appleALC with the value you need. Try starting like this
Try it together with this Lilu

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
  • Lilu.kext.zip
    62.5 KB · Views: 83
If the first one doesn't work, these are the other tests you should do. After this there is nothing else to try

Attachments

• Tests - AppleALCs.zip
    15.6 MB · Views: 75
If the first one doesn't work, these are the other tests you should do. After this there is nothing else to try
I have tried all of these kexts now. Good news: I am an expert in mounting the EFI drive. Bad news: still no HDMI sound out.
It looks like we've come to a dead end. You've been incredibly helpful in suggesting how to fix this problem, but it was not to be. Thank you!

As a last resort, can you send me your config.plist?

Config attached.

Attachments

• configNOSERIAL.plist
    31.2 KB · Views: 75
I found a lot of things wrong:
- the patch did not indicate any kext to patch. It is also not enabled.
- Layout id was not set to 3. (device properties/ PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)/ Layoutid)
- You have to remove SSDT-HDEF-3 if are using layout id 3.
- Lilu.kext is missing. You have to insert it.
- You have to disable HDMIAudio.kext

So use this config.plist
Use:
- AppleALC attached in my previous post (the first).
- Lilu.kext
- SSDT-HDMI-AUDIO.aml
- Layout-id = 3. (already inserted in the attached config.plist)
- Patch with the check mark V. (already inserted in the attached config.plist)

Don't give up, keep trying .. it MUST work! When I succeeded (and I also thought about how to do it at night) I was too happy, so I will help you if you still want to look for the solution!

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • config.plist
    31.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Lilu.kext.zip
    62.5 KB · Views: 73
I found a lot of things wrong:
- the patch did not indicate any kext to patch. It is also not enabled.
- Layout id was not set to 3. (device properties/ PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)/ Layoutid)
- You have to remove SSDT-HDEF-3 if are using layout id 3.
- Lilu.kext is missing. You have to insert it.
- You have to disable HDMIAudio.kext

So use this config.plist
Use:
- AppleALC attached in my previous post (the first).
- Lilu.kext
- SSDT-HDMI-AUDIO.aml
- Layout-id = 3. (already inserted in the attached config.plist)
- Patch with the check mark V. (already inserted in the attached config.plist)

Don't give up, keep trying .. it MUST work! When I succeeded (and I also thought about how to do it at night) I was too happy, so I will help you if you still want to look for the solution!
Thank you for correcting my plist. I added back your version of AppleALC and Lilu along with your corrected version of the config.plist. Unfortunately, this is the result. (As is, Layout-id=3 shows fewer output devices than Layout-id=1 or 7, either of which I have been using up until now.)
Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 7.50.16 PM.png

Thank you for correcting my plist. I added back your version of AppleALC and Lilu along with your corrected version of the config.plist. Unfortunately, this is the result. (As is, Layout-id=3 shows fewer output devices than Layout-id=1 or 7, either of which I have been using up until now.)View attachment 519137
Try others layout id
But check with dpci manager if codec Is recognized at every boot

The Realtek ALC1220 codec seems to be recognized in dpci manager no matter what layout-id I use, even a random one, like 12345678.
OTOH, some layout-id's that I previously used no longer work. layout-id=1 seems to be unaffected, so I'm using that because it shows 4 output devices vs layout-id=3 only 2 devices.
But none of those devices are HDMI, so no progress yet.

Perfect, in my case it was not recognized recognized ... Can you make a screen in dcpi manager?
Download AppleHDA patcher and see what is the layout id you have to use. It recognizes it automatically.
Use it only to know the layout number.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back