Register

1660 Super and El Captain

Motherboard
Mac Pro 4,1
CPU
2x Xeon X5520
Graphics
GTX 1660 Super
I'm using a 1660 super as a temporary GPU till I can get a supported one and when I was using El captain for a hot second it was running the graphics great it felt like it was actually using my GPU for acceleration

Don’t be telling people that a graphics card with no native or third-party support works in macOS. It will only confuse them, when they try using the GPU and it doesn’t work.

The facts are that the GTX 1650 & GTX 1660 have never and will never have support in macOS, especially not an OS as old as El Capitan.

Appears to have graphics acceleration and having/providing full acceleration are two completely different things.

Don’t be telling people that a graphics card with no native or third-party support works in macOS. It will only confuse them, when they try using the GPU and it doesn’t work.

The facts are that the GTX 1650 & GTX 1660 have never and will never have support in macOS, especially not an OS as old as El Capitan.

Appears to have graphics acceleration and having/providing full acceleration are two completely different things.
I just thought it was interesting and was wondering if there was a reason behind it

Back