Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Apologies if this is something really simple. I have a new system running a 9700k on a Designare. If I set voltage in BIOS to 1.35, and boot into Windows, it registers the correct voltage. In OSX it just ignores my settings and runs the voltages up to 1.45 and higher. It's related to clock speed, so if I overclock to 4.8, OSX keeps the voltage under 1.35, if I overclock to 5.0, OSX spikes it to 1.4+.

I know it's not just a sensor issue as programs crash in OSX with the higher OC, whereas in Windows the system is perfectly stable.

In all of the this my temperatures are really low (in both OSX and Windows), 25C at idle, 50C at maximum. I have a beast of a Noctua, good air circulation, and my house is freezing.

I'm using iMacPro1,1 for SMBIOS. Thanks for any ideas.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 8.18.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 8.18.58 AM.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 168
Apologies if this is something really simple. I have a new system running a 9700k on a Designare. If I set voltage in BIOS to 1.35, and boot into Windows, it registers the correct voltage. In OSX it just ignores my settings and runs the voltages up to 1.45 and higher. It's related to clock speed, so if I overclock to 4.8, OSX keeps the voltage under 1.35, if I overclock to 5.0, OSX spikes it to 1.4+.

I know it's not just a sensor issue as programs crash in OSX with the higher OC, whereas in Windows the system is perfectly stable.

In all of the this my temperatures are really low (in both OSX and Windows), 25C at idle, 50C at maximum. I have a beast of a Noctua, good air circulation, and my house is freezing.

I'm using iMacPro1,1 for SMBIOS. Thanks for any ideas.

Hello there. Did you ever solve this issue? I'm using the 9900KS and I'm trying to find a "responsible" OC setting for my Silicon Lottery chip. The settings sheet that came with mine are incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back