Motherboard
Asus H87M-Plus
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have some Asus Z8PE-D12 and Z9PR-D12 motherboards with 8 SAS ports.

I have updated from Catalina booting with Clover to Monterey booting with Opencore. Installation was easy after following Dortanias guide. I have legacy kexts which operate the motherboards Asus Pike 2008 SAS controller which has been flashed with LSI firmware to JBOD mode. The Monterey installation will fail if you try to add the kexts in the config.plist prior to install. To add these to Monterey Post Install I ran the commands:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/AstekFusion2*
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/AstekFusion2*

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and permit the extensions.

All SAS drive now show as external drives.

This also works for Ventura. I hope this is helpful.

For anyone using Catalina or earlier just use kext wizard to install the 2 AstekFusion kexts then rebuild the cache, job done.

Attachments

• Sas.jpg
    Sas.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I have some Asus Z8PE-D12 and Z9PR-D12 motherboards with 8 SAS ports.

I have updated from Catalina booting with Clover to Monterey booting with Opencore. Installation was easy after following Dortanias guide. I have legacy kexts which operate the motherboards Asus Pike 2008 SAS controller which has been flashed with LSI firmware to JBOD mode. The Monterey installation will fail if you try to add the kexts in the config.plist prior to install. To add these to Monterey Post Install I ran the commands:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/AstekFusion2*
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/AstekFusion2*

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and permit the extensions.

All SAS drive now show as external drives.

This also works for Ventura. I hope this is helpful.

For anyone using Catalina or earlier just use kext wizard to install the 2 AstekFusion kexts then rebuild the cache, job done.
How are you permitting the extensions in Ventura? I have those same two kexts and the SAS 2008 and I don't see the controller in the hardware list but it does show in Hackintool

@BlackCatLex Very useful info, also works in Sonoma.
@149113 SIP should be disabled
Thank you. My issue ended up being the order of the kexts in config.plist. I had to reorder them so that the AstekFusion family kext loaded first. As soon as I did that all drives showed up

Back