Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. Quadra
  3. SE/30
I have created AppleALC.kext for HP ProDesk 400 G5 and have attached it.
Please verify whether it can be used with the Intel® B360 chipset.

Two types of layout-id = 11,12
AudioIn: If the LineIn on the back is plugged in, it will be the LineIn, and if the LineIn is not plugged in, it will be the Mic on the front.
Audio Out;
layout-id = 11: Automatic switching LineOut(back) > MicIn(Front Headphone) > Speaker
layout-id = 12; This is for people who mainly use LineOut by manually switching LineOut.

The layout-id provided for CX20632 can also be used.

Attachments

• AppleALC-1.9.0-DEBUG.zip
    83 KB · Views: 6
  • AppleALC-1.9.0-RELEASE.zip
    263 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
My HP 800 G4 SFF only displays Line Out for layout ids 12 and 20. In both cases only the front output jack works. Did not test line-in.

I'm just trying to get line out from the back to work.

How do you know how to program AppleALC.kext? I'd like to learn. I know C and C++ ok. I've seen your name around for awhile and have been a good contributor.

Wow. My eyes water. Nodes, pin configuration and verbs. Lots to know. I’ll start with just duplicating a layout id to insure I have the infrastructure correct. Then I’ll start experimenting. Thank you.

Imagine if one started from scratch w/o Linux?

Imagine if one started from scratch w/o Linux?
The only reason to use Linux is to get the codec-dump, but you can also save it to a USB from the main menu before starting Clover.

Please refer to this thread.

I agree with making AppleALC compilable with Xcode first.

The only reason to use Linux is to get the codec-dump, but you can also save it to a USB from the main menu before starting Clover.

Please refer to this thread.

I agree with making AppleALC compilable with Xcode first.
Success! Have my rear audio port working now! Just made an educated guess. Picked layout ID 39. May perfect it and submit it to GitHub.

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    38.4 KB · Views: 12
Success! Have my rear audio port working now! Just made an educated guess. Picked layout ID 39. May perfect it and submit it to GitHub.
Congratulations! You did well in a short period of time.
I think it would be better to create a thread and publish it so that it is more visible to other people.
I'm also interested in the Q370 chipset, so could you please attach the codec-dump.txt?

Attached is the code_dump.txt from Linux. Had headphones attached to the rear port when the dump was collected. Did that to insure it was working. Unsure if that affects the dump (active path?). Again this is from an HP 800 G5 SFF. I suspect the tower would have the exact same nodes and pathways.

Oh and thank you @Asural. Could not have done it w/o your help.

Attachments

• codec_dump.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 5
Attached is the code_dump.txt from Linux.
Thank you for attaching codec-dump.txt.
When I checked, the node numbers other than Headphone were inconsistent.
It seems like you're having trouble with priorities and individual selection when it comes to how to select audio output.

Back