Contribute
Register

"ASSERT_EFI_ERROR (Status = Not Found)"

I want to ask something different then. how i can see the os on the primary display, if both of my gpus are not supported? Also why i cannot get the option to detect displays on the display preference tab and why the display is recognized as 1366x768 and 22 inches? (the resolution is correct, the screen sizre isn't) is it showing a wrong size screen because when i downloaded macos i had accidentally set the iMac17,1 instead of the macbookari7,1 that i use now?
on page 1 of this thread I gave you a link to the laptop guide, post 2 of the guide mentions:
Ivy Bridge
Support up to Big Sur

on page 1 of this thread I gave you a link to the laptop guide, post 2 of the guide mentions:
Ivy Bridge
Support up to Big Sur
i know that, so why does this work then? this is what i cannot understand. also which of the 2 versions take less disk space: big sur or catalina? because i want to downgrade but i don't kbow which one is best at taking less space

i downgraded to big sur and my problem solved. now i have display on my second monitor. i had actually made some mistakes on my efi, regarging the config.plist on the part about displays but now i corrected it and my hackintoch is working as it should. Thank you very much for your help and support

everything is working as normal except now when i pressed to install big sur it is stuck on "abot 2 hours and 19 minutes" for almost half an hour
EDIT: it started moving now, it fell on sleep for a few seconds and when i woke it up it started like normal

i know that, so why does this work then? this is what i cannot understand. also which of the 2 versions take less disk space: big sur or catalina? because i want to downgrade but i don't kbow which one is best at taking less space
you could install Monterey with no real issues, apart from graphics not working
Catalina is older so will take less space
i downgraded to big sur and my problem solved. now i have display on my second monitor. i had actually made some mistakes on my efi, regarging the config.plist on the part about displays but now i corrected it and my hackintoch is working as it should. Thank you very much for your help and support
well done! :)

you could install Monterey with no real issues, apart from graphics not working
Catalina is older so will take less space
The only problem i had with Monterey was that i couldn't use my second screen, but now this problem was solved with big sur so i will stick with that, but if i now upgrade to Monterey i will be able to see my second screen, i might consider upgrading, but probably when big sur gets out of support because i won't use it as my daily driver, mostly i will use it to edit photos so even if it is a 3 year old OS it will get the job done
well done! :)
Without the support of everyone that commented on this thread i wouldn't be able to get my hackintoch working, so thank you for your help

.. i might consider upgrading, but probably when big sur gets out of support because i won't use it as my daily driver, mostly i will use it to edit photos so even if it is a 3 year old OS it will get the job done
Hello,
Looking at the latest updates, it seems that Monterey will be EOL by the end of 2024 ...
Big Sur was GREAT :)

1713617720764.png

1713617790135.png

1713617834624.png

1713617865765.png

Cheers :)

Hello,
Looking at the latest updates, it seems that Monterey will be EOL by the end of 2024 ...
Big Sur was GREAT :)
i mean that if the app store is supported, then i won't have any issues. and if it becomes unsupported for big sur but the apps that i will be using will nave no issues then i think i will be good

The only problem i had with Monterey was that i couldn't use my second screen, but now this problem was solved with big sur so i will stick with that, but if i now upgrade to Monterey i will be able to see my second screen, i might consider upgrading, but probably when big sur gets out of support because i won't use it as my daily driver, mostly i will use it to edit photos so even if it is a 3 year old OS it will get the job done

Without the support of everyone that commented on this thread i wouldn't be able to get my hackintoch working, so thank you for your help
no, do not install Monterey as your GPU is not supported

no, do not install Monterey as your GPU is not supported
ok, i wouldn't anyway(at least for this pc). i ever want to upgrade i will do it on my other pc

Back