Contribute
Register

ASUS prime Z370-A Big Sur 11.2 sleep problem

You're most welcome! I'm glad you were able to make use of it. :)

It's likely that you've run into the same issue that some others have re: the front panel USB ports. The details are in this post:

In short, I had to leave off a pair of headers from my USB port map to stay under the 15 port limit for MacOS. My guess is that you're using header U31G1_34 for your front panel USB ports.

You can look at the USB headers on your motherboard and if it's not already plugged in there, switch the front panel USB connector to U31G1_12 on your motherboard (Connector A in the illustration).

If that doesn't work, then you'll need to remap the USB ports based on your setup. The OC tools are pretty easy to use so just follow the guide and replace my USBMap.kext with yours.

Good luck!!!
Switched from U31G1_34 to U31G1_12, works perfectly, thanks!!

In fact, things are running pretty smoothly on the OpenCore front these days
Yes, indeed! Just installed macOS 14 Sonoma public beta using your OC 0.9.1. The Z370-A is good still although we will be restricted to Ethernet as the WiFi drivers for Fenvi and similar cards are no longer supported in the latest beta version.

macOS14_publicbeta.jpg

The Z370-A is good still although we will be restricted to Ethernet as the WiFi drivers for Fenvi and similar cards are no longer supported in the latest beta version.
Thanks for testing out Sonoma! It's disappointing that the Fenvi cards will no longer be natively supported but I'm sure that a patched kext will be available (at the cost of disabling SIP). I've been patiently waiting for the 0.9.4 release of OpenCore to perform my quarterly EFI update but it hasn't dropped yet. I'm out of town all next week so if it doesn't drop in the next couple of days, the update will unfortunately have to wait until I return...

Did you see that @miliuco has posted info re Fenvi T919 patch from OCLP for macOS14 Sonoma:
Yep, I've been following the thread and it looks like people are having success, albeit after some fits and starts. Did you follow @milliuco's guide and get your rig working in the beta? Since I'm not testing the public beta, I haven't tried it for myself.

The whole patching process is a bit too brittle right now in my opinion. I'm hoping that there will be a solution available when Sonoma releases in a few months that can be integrated into the base OpenCore setup without the use of OCLP or so many config.plist tweaks. If not, I will certainly incorporate support using this patching method.

As an aside, I'm really looking forward to upgrading to Sonoma as I've been waiting patiently for years for Apple to implement something akin to Firefox containers and we finally have them in Safari Profiles. It never made sense to me for Apple to require one to set up multiple user accounts in macOS to accomplish the same thing.

OpenCore 0.9.4 finally dropped so I have updated the EFI for our motherboard. My usual disclaimer applies: You'll need to input your own PlatformInfo values for ROM (onboard ethernet MAC address), MLB, SystemSerialNumber, and SystemUUID to ensure that the various iServices work properly.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.1 MB · Views: 60
Did you follow @milliuco's guide and get your rig working in the beta?

Like you I have been watching @miliuco's guide from the sideline - my Sonoma beta rig uses RJ45 Ethernet - and so the OCLP patches are more curiosity right now. So far the Sonoma beta updates are installing fine and I'll report back after I install your latest OC 0.9.4 EFI ...

Your previous 0.9.1 EFI update has worked fine through Ventura 13.5.1 although newer kexts may be an asset.

(As an aside, a different 0.9.1 EFI can no longer install the latest Ventura update on a Z690 rig - see profile)

Like you I have been watching @miliuco's guide from the sideline - my Sonoma beta rig uses RJ45 Ethernet - and so the OCLP patches are more curiosity right now.

My rig also runs primarily on physical ethernet but I use WiFi via the Fenvi card for AirDrop. I'll need to decide whether continued AirDrop support is worth disabling SIP and relying on root patches as I'd really prefer to have a vanilla installation. Depending on demand, however, I might post separate Sonoma compatible EFI's both with and without Fenvi support so that people can pick the one that best matches their use case.

(As an aside, a different 0.9.1 EFI can no longer install the latest Ventura update on a Z690 rig - see profile)

That's unfortunate. I know that the more recent Intel CPU's aren't officially supported by Apple so no doubt there will continue to be OS updates which break compatibility. With the move to Apple Silicon, our Intel Hackintosh boxes will soon reach the end of the line regardless. :(

Folks --

I finally took NZRichard's advice from this post:

So I posted over on the Sonoma Desktop Support forum linking to my OpenCore 0.9.5 EFI update post in this thread. UtterDisbelief was kind enough to move my post over to the Sonoma Desktop Guides forum here:

Unfortunately, my original 0.9.5 update post in this thread is no longer visible after the move. To keep things simple, I'll probably upload future EFI updates there. For those who wish to keep up with my periodic EFI updates, please watch that thread instead. See you all there! :)

Back