Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

My DW1560 also shows "THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE" with all the kexts running.

Are you able to connect to Bluetooth devices now?

The order that the Bluetooth kexts are listed in config.plist matters. You can try BluetooFixup.kext ahead of the other Bluetooth kexts or last.

Did you check what your Wi-Fi TX rate is?
Same issue as before - I can see my MX Master 3 mouse, but I cannot connect to it - just shows spinny progress indicator forever.

Speedtest.net:
(Used Stats to confirm no network activity during tests)
USBC Ethernet Dock on gigabit home ethernet to gigabit provider fiber: 249/337.
DW1830 to Unifi / Ubiquiti hardware: 71/49.
DW1830 to provider's router: (paused to let ads load without a pihole): 17/27, then 7/8, then 12/34.
DW1830 to Unifi / Ubiquiti hardware (again): 62/72
I'm two American inside walls away from both WAPs.

AirportBrcmFixup.kext won’t work in any version of macOS older than Yosemite. The kext has been designed and created specifically not to work in the older versions. See the Notes section.

If you have a natively supported Broadcom card you don’t need any third-party kexts for the WiFi/BT to work.

@dclive try removing all the BT devices, and then reconnecting them.

The current BT connection settings may be looking for your Intel BT module. Now you have a Broadcom BT module installed, clearing all the old Intel BT settings may be the only way to get them to connect to the new Broadcom card.

The screenshot appears to point to an issue with a Thunderbolt ACPI address not being found, as the main cause of the kernel panic.

Are you using any thunderbolt devices?

@dclive try removing all the BT devices, and then reconnecting them.

The current BT connection settings may be looking for your Intel BT module. Now you have a Broadcom BT module installed, clearing all the old Intel BT settings may be the only way to get them to connect to the new Broadcom card.
This is a new (to me) machine, and I never attached anything via Intel BT.
I know it really does see the Master 3 b/c I didn't have it hooked up via BT to this machine before, and it's not tied to my Apple ID ofc.

The screenshot appears to point to an issue with a Thunderbolt ACPI address not being found, as the main cause of the kernel panic.

Are you using any thunderbolt devices?
No, I am not. Just a basic USBC dock for HDMI out and USBA and ethernet capability.

Same issue as before - I can see my MX Master 3 mouse, but I cannot connect to it - just shows spinny progress indicator forever.

Speedtest.net:
DW1830 to provider's router: (paused to let ads load without a pihole): 17/27, then 7/8, then 12/34.

I don't know why it's giving you problems... That's the same way I have the Bluetooth kexts set up on several different hackintoshes. I have also tested the same settings on a DW1830 and it worked.

If you hold the Option key and click on the Wi-Fi icon in the upper right corner of Finder, what do you see?

This is from a DW1560:
Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 2.55.35 AM.png

Speedtest.net:
With near LOS (it's behind a TV) to a 802.11ax Wifi 6 Ubiquiti WAP, I get 214/135.

Greetings Forum,
I have a problem, and this is the source of wisdom. I hope I am not missing an obvious mistake.

My laptop is a Dell inspiron 7378. It is working as a Mac Pro 14,1 Ventura 13.3.1(a) [now 13.4] and OC 0.9.2.
The intel wifi card never gave high throughput and did not connect well through the various Bluetooth fixes, so I recently replaced the M.2 card with a new BCM_4360NG.
It works great for WiFI, but is not functioning correctly for Bluetooth.
It is recognized. Apple System Info shows:
Bluetooth Controller:
Address: 88:63:DF:8A:64:21
State: On
Chipset: BCM_20702B0
Discoverable: Off
Firmware Version: v150 c9317
Supported services: 0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT SerialPort >
Transport: USB
Vendor ID: 0x004C (Apple)
Not Connected:
Moshe Sadofsky’s iPhone SE:
Address: 98:9E:63:79:CF:89
Vendor ID: 0x004C
Firmware Version: 15.7.0
Minor Type: MobilePhone
RSSI: -77
Moshe’s iPad:
Address: 6C:70:9F:0E:7D:18

I can manually turn bluetooth on, and it detects my iPhone, and asks to connect. But that pairing never establishes and then disappears.

Is there something I am doing wrong? I believe I port mapped correctly, but have also tried using InjectAll. No luck. I also tried various combinations of BT firmware kexts and fixup kexts. Nope. Willing to follow advice.
Thanks in advance.
Edit: The 13.4 update did not fix this.

Last edited:
Back