Graphics
evga gtx 1060 6gb mini
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone,
last evening i finally booted my mac os high sierra hackintosh.
i removed the gtx 1060 before because i read that it could cause some errors, but now that i have a working OS i would like to use it.
So i mounted it and the system started, i downloaded the nvidia web driver for high sierra 10.13.5 and i installed them, reboot and it wasn't working with the right driver; So i simply selected the nvidia web driver on the top right of the screen and i restarted. From then i have some problem every boot, sometimes it shows a prohibited sign and sometimes it boot but i can't type anything with my keyboard and sometimes it boot without using the nvidia web driver. I tried removing nv_disable=1 and modifying my config.plist following this guide.
I have to say that the system see my gtx 1060 but it sometimes see 256 MB and sometimes 5 MB...
I really don't know what to do now...

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
last evening i finally booted my mac os high sierra hackintosh.
i removed the gtx 1060 before because i read that it could cause some errors, but now that i have a working OS i would like to use it.
So i mounted it and the system started, i downloaded the nvidia web driver for high sierra 10.13.5 and i installed them, reboot and it wasn't working with the right driver; So i simply selected the nvidia web driver on the top right of the screen and i restarted. From then i have some problem every boot, sometimes it shows a prohibited sign and sometimes it boot but i can't type anything with my keyboard and sometimes it boot without using the nvidia web driver. I tried removing nv_disable=1 and modifying my config.plist following this guide.
I have to say that the system see my gtx 1060 but it sometimes see 256 MB and sometimes 5 MB...
I really don't know what to do now...

No one can help me?

Hello D4RKW4YN3,

I found your post because I was thinking to buy this card for my second build. Did you find a solution?

i don't have enough time to learn and test so i can't find a solution, but i know that is possible to do a build with it, some video on youtube shows some build that works with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back