Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 7347-OC
CPU
i5 4210U/HM87
Graphics
HD 4400, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am very new to Hackintosh and I am facing an issue with my Dell Inspiron 7347 which has a 4210u processor. When I try to configure my system, I get an error message saying that the configuration requires a Vault but no Vault is provided. I have tried searching for solutions online but I haven’t been able to find anything that works for me. I'd appreciate any help.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10 KB · Views: 100
I am very new to Hackintosh and I am facing an issue with my Dell Inspiron 7347 which has a 4210u processor. When I try to configure my system, I get an error message saying that the configuration requires a Vault but no Vault is provided. I have tried searching for solutions online but I haven’t been able to find anything that works for me. I'd appreciate any help.
your config.plist is missing so many entries....

best to start over:

your config.plist is missing so many entries....

best to start over:
Oh boy, is there a way I can just add what's missing? I spent a good 8 hours yesterday working on this lol. I can drop my EFI on google drive if necessary.

Last edited:
Oh boy, is there a way I can just add what's missing? I spent a good 8 hours yesterday working on this lol
yes, the files are correctly setup from the guide, just a simple case of using them

can't get much simplier than that

Hello,

Yes.

I spent less ...
I edited the config.plist for OpenCore 0.9.4 : keeping what it had and add what was missing ..

It is attached here.

Cheers.
I probably spent a good 2 hours figuring out the terminology for hackintoshing, lol
Do I need to update the files in my EFI accordingly? Dortania's guide said that the pc wont boot if the config.plist doesn't line up with the kexts and the drivers...

You need the EFI folder from O.C. 0.9.4. ( 64 bit variant )

In EFi/OC/ACPI add your .aml files :

SSDT-EC-LAPTOP.aml
SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml
SSDT-PLNF.aml
SSDT-USB-Reset.aml
SSDT-XOSI.aml

In EFI/OC add the config.plist file

In EFI/OC/Drivers keep the files you need and remove the others ( .efi ):

OpenRuntime.efi
HfsPlus.efi
ResetNvramEntry.efi

In EFI/OC/Kexts put the latest version of kexts :
Lilu.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AppleALC.kext

etc

In EFI/OC/Resources/ you shoud replace everything with files from :
( see Resources folder )

The latest HfsPlus.efi file is here :

In EFI/OC/Tools keep only one file ( and delete everything else )
OpenShell.efi

Do not touch EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi .

Do not touch EFi/BOOT.
Cheers.
Alright, I'll try that when I get back home, thank you!

Do not forget to further edit/config your config.plist ( use ProperTree application )
Do not forget to further ocvalidate your config.plist.
Do not forget to reset Nvram after altering config.plist.
Do it slowly, one change at a time ... :)
Do you know why the only tabs on my config.plist are ACPI, Kernel, Misc and UEFI? I can'f find NVram and stuff like security...

Do you know why the only tabs on my config.plist are ACPI, Kernel, Misc and UEFI? I can'f find NVram and stuff like security...
because it is not there in the first place for some unknown reason

which is why I pointed you to the laptop guide with a basic template of a complete EFI, you need to just read post 1 and 2 for the needed changes to make

because it is not there in the first place for some unknown reason

which is why I pointed you to the laptop guide with a basic template of a complete EFI, you need to just read post 1 and 2 for the needed changes to make
ohhhh ok i was using the original plist

Back