Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 3020/7020/9020 High Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My Hackintosh is working fine and I was able to enable graphic acceleration. I want to connect the Hackintosh to my TV, but with a Displayport to HDMI adapter, my Hackintosh gets stuck at the start. Without the adapter there is no problem, and without graphic acceleration, I can boot with the adapter. Where is the problem?

I've found the best way to connect to a TV with the SFF models is to install a GT 710 DDR3 card and use the HDMI output from that card direct to the TV. Works best when you don't adapt the DP - HDMI.

I've found the best way to connect to a TV with the SFF models is to install a GT 710 DDR3 card and use the HDMI output from that card direct to the TV. Works best when you don't adapt the DP - HDMI.
Thanks, this would be my next step, since I have found nothing that could help me in the internet

I can really use some help here. Computer is Optiplex 7020 with 16 gig of RAM. BIOS A18. BIOS settings as described in instructions. Boot USB created with Unibeast. Config.plist edited as described (it doesn't quite show up in EFI as described, but I got to one - is there more than one?). Booting the Dell with the USB drive I get to the load from Install... screen. Select that, Apple logo appears with the progress line underneath. Progress marker advances a miniscule amount and stops there. Same behavior with a High Sierra boot USB and a Mojave boot USB.

Any help apprectiated.

Please add the Boot flag -v and post the stop code (The code where it gets stuck)

Please add the Boot flag -v and post the stop code (The code where it gets stuck)
Thanks for responding. I did manage to get one verbose boot attempt to run and it stopped at "The Board of". As an aside, I did find the Clover interface pretty confusing from the days when all I had to do was press the space bar and type in -v.

Thanks for this guide.
I had to add this settings into Clover Configuration :

Devices : Fake ID section : IntelGFX = 0x04128086
Graphics : ig-platform-id = 0x0d220003

I managed to resolve my problem with an end run of sorts. I had a SDD High Sierra install from my previous hackintosh computer which went wonky in September. That is how I ended up on the Dell 7020. Anyway, I did the post install procedures on that SDD including the Clover Configurator changes and running Multibeast for HS. This worked, but I had the wake from sleep issue. I installed Mojave on top of the High Sierra install and the install worked AND the wake from sleep works correctly. I have the correct amount of video RAM. Haven't tested sound yet as I don't use it on the desktop much. Anyway, problem solved, though not how one would think.

Hi everybody, happy new year !
I was happily using my computer with "default for display" resolution and it worked perfect. Asus VP278.
Today the screen glitched and went black after login.
I connected remotely and was able to change the resolution:
default for display = does not work
1080p = does not work
1080i = the screen works but its very glitchy
720p = works without glitch (so far), but things got really big :mrgreen:

Its really weird because the glitch only appears after the login is done, the monitor works perfect until then and also with my other 3 computers.

Unfortunately I don't have another HDMI display adapter right now nor other computer with that connection but I'm wondering: could it be that the adapter is dying, fails for higher quality after the login but still accepts lower resolution ?

If anybody had an issue like this please comment. I'll buy another adapter to test asap.

Kind Regards !

Hi everybody, happy new year !
I was happily using my computer with "default for display" resolution and it worked perfect. Asus VP278.
Today the screen glitched and went black after login.
I connected remotely and was able to change the resolution:
default for display = does not work
1080p = does not work
1080i = the screen works but its very glitchy
720p = works without glitch (so far), but things got really big :mrgreen:

Its really weird because the glitch only appears after the login is done, the monitor works perfect until then and also with my other 3 computers.

Unfortunately I don't have another HDMI display adapter right now nor other computer with that connection but I'm wondering: could it be that the adapter is dying, fails for higher quality after the login but still accepts lower resolution ?

If anybody had an issue like this please comment. I'll buy another adapter to test asap.

Kind Regards !

Hello, just to let you know that yes: the problem was the adapter.
I bought 2 now so whenever I have this problem I'll have a back-up.
Cheers !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back