CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
OK so my motherboard is a ga x99 ud4 with 1080ti. Everything is installed and running with webdriver giving gpu acceleration. My usb ports seem to be working except for 1 possibly on the back, but I'm not completely sure because it seems, when I connect a usb stick anywhere, it is slow connecting, taking around 30 seconds or more to show on the desktop.
This board has 10 usb ports so none being limited as obviously not more than 15.
So do I need the inject all kext? Will that cure the slow connection?

OK so my motherboard is a ga x99 ud4 with 1080ti. Everything is installed and running with webdriver giving gpu acceleration. My usb ports seem to be working except for 1 possibly on the back, but I'm not completely sure because it seems, when I connect a usb stick anywhere, it is slow connecting, taking around 30 seconds or more to show on the desktop.
This board has 10 usb ports so none being limited as obviously not more than 15.
So do I need the inject all kext? Will that cure the slow connection?

Hi there.

You do need to configure your USB ports properly.

Your motherboard has 16x Intel USB ports and 4x Renesas USB ports.

Remember that for a USB3 port each port is actually 2x ports - USB2 and USB3.

So you need to follow one of the guides to configure your system.

The Renesas USB ports are piggy-backing on the Intel system to provide extra USB3 functionality. They may work okay without any further configuration but the Intel ones need to be within the 15 limit etc. and configured as the correct physical type.

There are two or three different ways to configure USB ports - Hackintool (Mac only), USBToolBox (Windows or Mac) and USBMap (Windows or Mac)

:)

OK thanks, I will look into it further.

Hackintool didnt work properly as it didnt show when i connected a usb stick, so I used USBMap but im not completely sure if i did it right. I found the last part of the instructions not clear. Also I didbt notice any difference after i created and installed my USB Kext. I dragged it to the clover kext others folder. Is that correct? Do I need to do anything else to add it at boot?

Hackintool didnt work properly as it didnt show when i connected a usb stick, so I used USBMap but im not completely sure if i did it right. I found the last part of the instructions not clear. Also I didbt notice any difference after i created and installed my USB Kext. I dragged it to the clover kext others folder. Is that correct? Do I need to do anything else to add it at boot?

I've followed the procedure for mapping using USBMap. Dragged my usb kext to clover, Kext, other. I removed the port limit patch and inject all kext and ticked inject kext in p.list. I dont see any difference to when i didn't map it. everything still works. I didnt include 2 ports in the mapping to keep it to max 15 ports, but those ports are still working. I must be doing something wrong. I notice when i tick inject kext and save it, when i open the plist again the inject kext tick has been removed again.
using clover not OC btw.
High Seirra.

I've followed the procedure for mapping using USBMap. Dragged my usb kext to clover, Kext, other. I removed the port limit patch and inject all kext and ticked inject kext in p.list. I dont see any difference to when i didn't map it. everything still works. I didnt include 2 ports in the mapping to keep it to max 15 ports, but those ports are still working. I must be doing something wrong. I notice when i tick inject kext and save it, when i open the plist again the inject kext tick has been removed again.
using clover not OC btw.
High Seirra.
no files attached... zipped EFI.....

I'll sort that and upload a.s.a.p...probs Monday now.

OK here is my EFI

EFI file.
remove that usb kext you created, and follow the guide:

Back