Contribute
Register

Dual Xeon E5-2670 with Asrock EP2C602, Dual Boot Hackintosh with Win7Pro or Win10Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you man! I will do it as soon as I get home today.

Download my Install config and files I used for install below. Should work for your computer.
See Link. Read the "read me file"
https://www.dropbox...._Files.zip?dl=0

Use my modified "EFI" folder contents in the .zip file for "install USB"
You missed some files.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but still not working.
First of all I didn't fully understand the instructions. I tried it in two-three different way with no success. Every time it stops somewhere but never finishes the installation.
Can you do remote it and show me? I can prepare usb drive which takes the most of the time. Just let me know which mothed to use.

This is all the help I can provide since I don't use this exact motherboard.
For creating the USB install stick use UEFI method if your mobo bios supports UEFI
I use BIOS method because my mobo did not support UEFI.

If you are using a standard hard-drive this use these setting.
upload_2017-4-13_11-19-27.png

BIOS Settings

Power on
Press F1 to enter Setup
In the Exit tab enable OS Optimized defaults then Load Optimal Defaults.

Main
System Time & Date - Adjust if necessary.

Devices
Serial Port Setup - Disabled
Network Setup - Boot Agent - Disabled

Power
After Power Loss - Power Off
Enhanced Power Saving Mode - Enabled

Security
Secure Boot - Disabled

Startup
Primary Boot Sequence - Excluded from boot order : Remove all from Excluded (if present)
Primary Boot Sequence - USB KEY : Move to top of list
Automatic Boot Sequence - Excluded from boot order : Remove all from Excluded (if present)
Error Boot Sequence - Excluded from boot order : Remove all from Excluded (if present)
Error Boot Sequence : Move Network 1 down (If at top of list)
CSM - Enabled

F10 to Save & Exit

--------------

I have never performed a direct install with the GT 710.
I have used it in an upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra. and I know it works
The GT 710 only works natively in Sierra.
If you are using any other version of OSX you will need to use a different graphics card.
The GT 630 is best as it works with most versions of OSX natively.
You can find these on ebay for about $30

You also need to have npci=0x2000 selected. If does not work then try npci=0x3000
I tried everything, still not working. I think the problem is in CPU. Latest complains I am getting on CPUs.

I am sure they do work, but what I am trying to say is may be I am doing something wrong with configs for the CPUs I have.
This is what I get:
IMG_5946.JPG

Last edited:
I am sure they do work, but what I am trying to say is may be I am doing something wrong with configs for the CPUs I have.
This is what I get:
View attachment 249896
Ar
This is what I get:
View attachment 249896

Use Imac14,2 model

Use boot args: -v npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 ( Drop the cpus=1 arg, be sure virtualization is off in bios.) You may want to pull the video card use the on board VGA for the install (Make sure in bios is set to use onboard VGA primary)

I'm curious to know if anyone is able to install "Docker for Mac OS". Last year I attempted to do an install on this exact same system as the thread owner but failed miserably after two weeks of pulling my hair out. I eventually installed OSX using Unraid and for the most part don't have to many complaints BUT because it's a VM, i'm unable to do nested VM's to run Docker and that's a problem. You've made it seem hopeful to install on bare metal once again.. haha, not sure if i want to go crazy again trying or not just yet, could you confirm if you can install and run docker for mac os? It would require VT-X in BIOS and I seen you mentioned to disable it. Here is the link https://download.docker.com/mac/stable/Docker.dmg just need to install it and if you open the application and it says it's running, that sounds promising. Don't need to configure anything, it's just a VM, on my machine it says my CPU is not supported because VT-X is required, EVEN THO, VT-X is enabled, it just isn't being passed through to the VM due to setting the CPU type to Penyrn

Hello!

I'd love to know if you succeeded with your ASRock EP2C602-4L/D12 as I got the EP2C602 (with the two E5 2670s and an
MSI GeForce GTX 980 TI GAMING 6G) and also followed everything, tried different things, but I still got a black screen and a reboot after launching the install from clover…

What about the BIOS settings ? I'm not sure whether it comes from there or clover's settings

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back