Contribute
Register

Easy Way to make a Bootable Clone of your macOS System Drive

apologies in advance I have already copied the iso to the USB but how do you run Acronis from this bootable flash drive do you have to also copy that file across? to the same USB stick?.

apologies in advance I have already copied the iso to the USB but how do you run Acronis from this bootable flash drive do you have to also copy that file across? to the same USB stick?.
Acronis has already been added to WinPE for you. Just click the Acronis icon on the desktop to open it.
1586774573330.png

Thanks for explaining that appreciated very much

I am also having trouble finding a suitable method for cloning my Hackintosh boot drive or to be more precise the boot partition as mine is set up as a dual boot system with Windows 10.

I have 2 new SSD's which I want to put Mac OS on 1 and Win 10 on the other but I am stuck and don't know what method to use.

I need cloning software that will let me copy my MacOS partition and expand it to my new SSD, does anyone know how to do this?

I don't want to have to reinstall Catalina again as it is running very well with no problems at all.

Many thanks.

I use Ease US Disk Copy Home Edition 2.3. Free (43.7MB) It's on a bootable usb key and it clones the WHOLE drive every sector. Works like a dream for cloning Hackintosh drives with the boot sector and everything. The only program I've found that clones EVERYTHING!

It was a free download when I got it. I think they have the same thing but the name has changed.
https://www.easeus.com/backup-software/tb-free.html

Otherwise do a search for 'Ease US Disk Copy Home Edition 2.3'

Last edited:
Amazing tutorial which works 100% guys. Thanks for that...

Simply download the windows PE on the first page...

I tried it to clone a Big Sur 11.0.1 250GB NVME to an external 500GB USB HDD but was unable to boot from it. When I select the clone drive to boot from in the BIOS and subsequently in OC it will somehow boot from the NVME drive only. The main problem was that I was unable to rename the drive or again erase it using Disk utility, the system thought it as the boot drive. Ultimately I had to use a windows machine to partition and format it. As of now I am using that drive as a time machine drive to backup.

As of now both CCC and Superduper are not able to clone the Big Sur drive. Any Solution?

Try reading the ATI 2021 documentation and see if they have Big Sur support yet. If it does work, you'd probably have to boot from an Acronis for Windows USB and then clone it.

Screen Shot 12.jpg

@trs96

Hi there, I tried your method to clone (ATI 2021 under w10XPe) my BigSur 11.4 boot disk to a new NVMe but I wasn't able to complete the procedure: first of all it imposes me to copy the whole block by block, then I selected the source disk (Samsung 970 Pro) but afterwards, when I tried to select the destination, the WD SN750 Black was NOT selectable... then I had to abort everything... do you have any hints? It could depends on the fact Samsung has 512 bytes' sectors while WD has 4K sectors?

Any hints? Thanks in advance! :)

@trs96

Hi there, I tried your method to clone (ATI 2021 under w10XPe) my BigSur 11.4 boot disk to a new NVMe but I wasn't able to complete the procedure: first of all it imposes me to copy the whole block by block, then I selected the source disk (Samsung 970 Pro) but afterwards, when I tried to select the destination, the WD SN750 Black was NOT selectable... then I had to abort everything... do you have any hints? It could depends on the fact Samsung has 512 bytes' sectors while WD has 4K sectors?

Any hints? Thanks in advance! :)
I have not attempted to clone Big Sur with this approach. I'm pretty sure ATI 2021 has full Big Sur Support. I haven't upgraded from 2020 yet as I'm still on Catalina. You could simply install ATI to the Big Sur Boot disk and then try the clone. Let us know if it works that way or not.
Screen Shot 6.jpg

You also have to use build number 30960 or newer. Get the newest version possible. Build #39229

Last edited:
Back