Contribute
Register

Fresh install of macOS Catalina on a Lenovo M93P Tower (not Tiny)

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkCentre M93P
CPU
i5-4570/C220
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have Catalina (10.15.7) up-and-running with what seems to have the processor, disks, memory and GPU correctly identified / working (using UniBeast10.3.0 for Catalina)...However no Wi-Fi connectivity unfortunately.

I am running a Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter. I saw some old posts that suggested to download the following kexts:-
OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID-master which when I unzip, has BroadcomWifiInjector.kext along with several other that are greyed out.

Shouldn't MultiBeast 12.3.0 (for Catalina) be able to recognize these in the post install so I can get the Wi-Fi working? Is MultiBeast 12.3.0 a Kext Editor or do I need to download another tool to accomplish this?

I am a newbie to Hackintosh but familiar with Mac, Linux and Windows so hoping I can pick this up with my trial project...
Ken

I have Catalina (10.15.7) up-and-running with what seems to have the processor, disks, memory and GPU correctly identified / working (using UniBeast10.3.0 for Catalina)...However no Wi-Fi connectivity unfortunately.

I am running a Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter. I saw some old posts that suggested to download the following kexts:-
OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID-master which when I unzip, has BroadcomWifiInjector.kext along with several other that are greyed out.

Shouldn't MultiBeast 12.3.0 (for Catalina) be able to recognize these in the post install so I can get the Wi-Fi working? Is MultiBeast 12.3.0 a Kext Editor or do I need to download another tool to accomplish this?

I am a newbie to Hackintosh but familiar with Mac, Linux and Windows so hoping I can pick this up with my trial project...
Ken
make sure you have done this correctly:

also need:

I can run through this process but I believed all my USB devices (keyboard, mouse, speakers, and even my USB flash) are working without issues. You believe this issue might be causing my Broadcom Wi-Fi PCI adapter to not be recognized?
this Lenovo MB has 6 x USB 3.0 ports and 2 x USB 2.0 ports…so 8 x USB ports in total.
thanks for your quick response!
Ken

I can run through this process but I believed all my USB devices (keyboard, mouse, speakers, and even my USB flash) are working without issues. You believe this issue might be causing my Broadcom Wi-Fi PCI adapter to not be recognized?
this Lenovo MB has 6 x USB 3.0 ports and 2 x USB 2.0 ports…so 8 x USB ports in total.
thanks for your quick response!
Ken
usb ports need to be setup correctly to make it work as it will be connected to the motherboard and will be needed to be set as internal (255)

then you need to use the correct kexts as per the link provided

also zip and upload your EFI when you have made any changes so someone can check it over

I haven't made any changes as of yet...but when I do, I will. I am looking for the EFI info now...I was expecting to see an EFI folder under \Library or \System, but did not see one.
I do see an EFI-Backups folder but all the subdirectories or empty except for a file called IM142.scap deep in...and I don't have anything to open it...
I do have Hackintool v4.0.3 and MultiBeast v12.3.0...do I need another tool for this?
Ken

I haven't made any changes as of yet...but when I do, I will. I am looking for the EFI info now...I was expecting to see an EFI folder under \Library or \System, but did not see one.
I do see an EFI-Backups folder but all the subdirectories or empty except for a file called IM142.scap deep in...and I don't have anything to open it...
I do have Hackintool v4.0.3 and MultiBeast v12.3.0...do I need another tool for this?
Ken
your EFI folder would normally be in an EFI partition which is hidden if you have installed your system UEFI

hackintool can be used to mount the efi partition

Looks like it sees all the USB 2/3 ports as they are listed in my MB doc

Attachments

• IMG_0676.jpeg
    IMG_0676.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 6
In the PCI section, here is my Broadcom Wi-Fi card that I want to get working

Attachments

• IMG_0678.jpeg
    IMG_0678.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
Back