Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
That can be done. Those are the original files obtained via Clover F4, but I excluded the x-SSDT files, as mentioned in your patching guide.

Many thanks, also for your guides. They have been very helpful to me!

No errors in the resulting DSDT.dsl when using refs.txt (as per guide).

Make sure you're using correct tools.

I just tried it again and your right no errors. I don't understand that, as I did the very same things as before. But anyways thanks a lot and sorry for the trouble.

But I've still one question. Do I have to apply all listed patches to every DSDT and SSDT file?

But I've still one question. Do I have to apply all listed patches to every DSDT and SSDT file?

Depends on the patch. Most patches are applied only to DSDT.

Thanks!

I just managed to patch my first DSDT and the system boots with it. Battery is now working and some more things.

But I couldn't find the "Brightness_haswell" patch from the guide. So I tried [igpu] Brightness (Haswell/Broadwell) patch. But this gives me an error when compiling:
Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^_DOS)

The code with the error looks as follows:
Method (_DOS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
// Note: Some systems have this defined in DSDT, so uncomment
// the next line if that is the case,
//External(^^_DOS, MethodObj)
^^_DOS(Arg0)
}

Was that the wrong patch or do I have to apply this patch to a SSDT-file and not to DSDT?

If I remove the ^^ the code compiles. But I do only guess here. Don't know if that's the correct solution.
I tried it and brightness controll via Fn keys is working.

Thanks!

I just managed to patch my first DSDT and the system boots with it. Battery is now working and some more things.

But I couldn't find the "Brightness_haswell" patch from the guide. So I tried [igpu] Brightness (Haswell/Broadwell) patch. But this gives me an error when compiling:
Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^_DOS)

The code with the error looks as follows:
Method (_DOS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
// Note: Some systems have this defined in DSDT, so uncomment
// the next line if that is the case,
//External(^^_DOS, MethodObj)
^^_DOS(Arg0)
}

Was that the wrong patch or do I have to apply this patch to a SSDT-file and not to DSDT?

If I remove the ^^ the code compiles. But I do only guess here. Don't know if that's the correct solution.
I tried it and brightness controll via Fn keys is working.

Use just "Brightness Fix" + IntelBacklight.kext as per guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

Just want to say "Thanks a lot" to:
RehabMan and jhawk

Thanks to their guides I've been able to patch DSDT and SSDT files and get my ASUS UX305 working with OS X. So far it's running nicely.

Only one thing I'd like to mention, I couldn't apply the "[igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU" patch. By applying it to DSDT (and SSDT) my notebook was not booting anymore. Without it's working.

Last thing that's annoying is, that USB mass storage devices get disconnected during sleep. I'll have to have a closer look at: [Guide] Fix issue of "Disk not ejected properly" http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-fix-issue-of-disk-not-ejected-properly.188601/#post1221686 Perhaps this will help.

And on a side note: I noticed that a process called "nsurlsessiond" is consuming all my bandwidth. Seems to be a common problem under Yosemite 10.10.3 and above. I found the following script to fix the issue:

#!/bin/sh
launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nsurlstoraged.plist
launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.nsurlsessiond.plist
sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nsurlsessiond.plist
sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nsurlstoraged.plist

Last edited:
Only one thing I'd like to mention, I couldn't apply the "[igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU" patch. By applying it to DSDT (and SSDT) my notebook was not booting anymore. Without it's working.

Make sure you apply it to all native SSDTs (plural). And don't forget about DropOem=true.

Make sure you apply it to all native SSDTs (plural). And don't forget about DropOem=true.

I just double check my config.plist and you're right, the OEM SSDTs were not dropped yet. Stupid me!
Now the "[igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU" patch works.

Besides I just noticed I cannot turn off Bluetooth. I can connect to my smartphone but can't turn BT off.
I read setting ControllerPowerState to 1 in /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluethooth.plist should help. But for me it was already set correctly (here it's boolean = YES).

Besides I just noticed I cannot turn off Bluetooth. I can connect to my smartphone but can't turn BT off.
I read setting ControllerPowerState to 1 in /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluethooth.plist should help. But for me it was already set correctly (here it's boolean = YES).

You need compatible Broadcom bluetooth hardware for that feature. Did you install it?

Thanks for the information!

Bluetooth is from Intel connected via USB (according to Linux lsusb/lspci). In this case I've got to live with Bluetooth being switched on. Don't feel like exchanging hardware. Also Wifi works nicely for me with an Edimax USB dongle (or smartphone tethering).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back