Not open for further replies.
Hi!!

This is my build:

Intel DH67CL Sandy Bridge Chipset

Intel i7 2600k 3.40ghz

ASUS GTX 550 ti

SSD 250gb

UEFI Boot

I'm trying to install 10.13 in my old computer. I follow all the steps and I get the installation of 10.13.4 and then I update to 10.13.6 in a SSD avoiding the APFS conversion. I’m using internal graphic card.

I have some issues after rebooting. I get the apple logo with the progress bar and then the screen becomes black and I land into my desktop with a window telling me “You computer was restarted because of a problem”. My internet works, audio works, it seems all works but I don't know what I've do wrong with the steps,

I attached my config.plist and some images of my configuration.

I just try to learn what I’m doing wrong with this.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note: Your config.plist is not per guide (looks like you made incorrect edits via Clover Configurator)

I don’t know too how to get my Nvidia Card running.

Off-topic.
This guide is only for HD3000 integrated.

Hi again! Thanks RehabMan!
Sorry, my config.plist file is the result of some tests I have done when I readed other threads trying to fix this. First I will start again the installation in my desktop computer step by step. I will try to enumerate later the steps that I have done. Perhaps I do not finish to understand some points or steps I do not know if they are necessary or if it is about other specific cases.
I will try to learn correctly how to collect the "problem reporting" files.

Regards!

[EDITED] Hi this is my build:

DESKTOP:

Intel i7 2600k 3.40ghz
ASUS GTX 550 ti
SSD 250gb
CLOVER UEFI Boot

I redo the installation USB:
Option 1 (MBR, two partitions):
The output of the operation looks like this:

Personally, I use my own build/fork of Clover: https://github.com/RehabMan/Clover
I downloaded this Clover:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Then I Installed it with this MBR UEFI configuration:
After obtaining the Clover installer, first task is to install to the USB "CLOVER EFI" partition.

For Clover UEFI, run the Clover Installer package:
- if using MBR, select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- if using GPT, select the target of the install to "install_osx" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)
- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
- check "BGM" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
- check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" or "AptioMemoryFix.efi" from Drivers64UEFI
- most systems will work without DataHubDxe-64.efi, but some may require it

I use "OsxAptioFixDrv-64".
I work without DataHubDxe-64.efi

I delete some .efi files and I paste HFSPlus.efi to get this
The resulting drivers64UEFI should look something like this:

And I paste in "other" this .kext:

A typical EFI/Clover/kexts would look like this:

And I use:

My next step was start with the "createinstallmedia" steps so I didn't do this:
DVMT-prealloc on Broadwell/Skylake/Kaby Lake

The Broadwell and Skylake graphics kexts provided by Apple require DVMT-prealloc to be set 64mb or larger. Many laptops set it by default to 32mb, which is not large enough and will cause a KP (kernel panic).

There are ways to set it even if your BIOS does not provide the option, but they are somewhat risky. You can find links to these methods in the laptop FAQ.

Since most laptops come with inadequate DVMT-prealloc, all the plists linked by this guide have a patch for 32MB DVMT-prealloc, enabled by default. You can read about how that patch works here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lensize-patch-with-32mb-dvmt-prealloc.221506/

If your laptop has DVMT-prealloc set as required (64MB or 128MB), you should disable or remove the 32MB patch.

Also, once you enable the patch, you still may have panic... It is because Clover cannot patch a kext that loads outside of kernel cache, and these graphics kexts may not be in cache. To work around this problem, use an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678). DO NOT use a bogus FakeID, as that will defeat the purpose. Once you are able to boot with the invalid ig-platform-id, rebuild cache, then boot normally with your intended ig-platform-id.

You can rebuild cache in Terminal:
Or shorthand in 10.11+
Alternately, you can use IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext, which implements the 32MB DVMT-prealloc patch.
It is available here:
https://github.com/BarbaraPalvin/IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup

Note regarding CPU power management and SSDTs

If you're getting a panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and/or SMC_ACPI_PlatformPlugin it may be related to your OEM CPU power management related SSDTs.

Some systems may need to drop some of the OEM SSDTs. This happens most frequently with Sandy Bridge systems (but not all). There are two configurations for DropTables in the provided config.plist files. The default is minimal. The alternate is named #DropTables and is a bit more aggressive. Each configuration resides in config.plist/ACPI. You can use the alternate by renaming DropTables->##DropTables and renaming #DropTables->DropTables (in that order). Depending on how the OEM labels the tables, this may or may not work. If you still have issues, set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true. You will need to set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=true (or the individual CStates/PStates=true) to use DropOem=true or the alternate DropTables.

Always use a plist editor (such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro) to edit config.plist.

I started my computer with the installation USB avoiding APFS conversion in minstallconfig.xml in the installation:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-update-or-fresh-install.232855/#post-1602625
Fresh install scenario (or update), modifying minstallconfig.xml using vi

Refer to this guide for an overview of the installation process from USB:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The process involves creating an installer USB with createinstallmedia, then booting that USB (via Clover on the same USB). You then run the installer, create an HFS+J partition suitable for macOS with Disk Utility, then point the installer to that partition.

Even though you create a new HFS+J partition, if the target is an SSD, the installer will still convert it to APFS.

To avoid that, after running the installer, and upon the first reboot where you would be normally directing Clover to boot the next stage of the installer by selecting "Boot macOS Install from ...", instead, boot the "install_osx" partition on USB again. When that is finished booting, choose Terminal from the Utilities menu.

Now, in Terminal, navigate to your target volume:
Now, still in Terminal, edit the minstallconfig.xml file with vi:
You will find code:
Your goal is to change the true to false.

If you know how to use vi, this will not be a problem. Otherwise, follow the instructions below very carefully:
- arrow such that the cursor is at the 't' in 'true'
- press the Del key (forward delete) four times (this removes 'true')
- press i (this puts vi into insert mode)
- type 'false' (without the quotes)
- press Esc (this takes vi out of insert mode)

The result should look like:
No other changes should be made.

If the file looks good:
- press ':wq' (without the quotes) and press enter (':wq' saves the file and exits vi)

If the file doesn't look right, don't save it:
- press ':q!' (without the quotes) and press enter

That's it! Now you're ready to quit Terminal, reboot, and continue the installation process by booting the "Boot macOS Install from ..." partition. When you're done, you'll have a fresh install on HFS+J instead of APFS.

I land to my desktop and I update to 10.13.6
After the update installation I reboot it and this is what happend (before and after updating):
When is starting with the progress bar and the logo when is arround 70% the screen turns black and the turns on again the progress bar with the logo a little smaller and after this I landed on my desktop. I don't know what to do with this.
When I learn to fix it I'll continue with the installation.
I'm going to attach you my USB config.plist and if you want another files I'll try it.
May I use Clover Configurator to do future needed changes or mount EFI partition?
Regards!!

EDITED!!
I continue with the post installation and I attach some files. The black screen while boot still happen. I see in my System Report in USB only USB2.0

I don't understand where is the output of this:
And output from:
Code (Text):

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Also output from:
Code (Text):

ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*

Also post output of:
Code (Text):

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Or this!!

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code (Text):

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*
pmset -g assertions
pmset -g
system_profiler SPSerialATADataType|grep TRIM

I get:
TRIM Support: no

I attached what I get (not all)

Attachments

• REPORT.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 204
Last edited:
[EDITED] Hi this is my build:

DESKTOP:

Intel i7 2600k 3.40ghz
ASUS GTX 550 ti
SSD 250gb
CLOVER UEFI Boot

This guide applies only to systems using HD3000 onboard graphics, not a dedicated graphics card.
You will need to remove the GTX 550 Ti, install as onboard HD3000, transition to the Nvidia later.

Yes! That's what I did, as I wrote. I put my Nvidia card in desktop information because my desktop have this since I get a Mountain Lion an Mavericks running on it years ago and I think I have to put it. At this point I only have the doubts as I mentioned on my post. Or perhaps you mean that I have to remove it from my mobo to do a better installation.
EFI attached and the other files I can get are done after finish the update to 10.13.6 and after use "git2 in terminal
I'm reading some threads about this off-topic nvidia part but I don't find the key. I'm not asking about Nvidia configuration.
Regards and thank you!!

Last edited:
Yes! That's what I did, as I wrote. I put my Nvidia card in desktop information because my desktop have this since I get a Mountain Lion an Mavericks running on it years ago and I think I have to put it. At this point I only have the doubts as I mentioned on my post. Or perhaps you mean that I have to remove it from my mobo to do a better installation.
EFI attached and the other files I can get are done after finish the update to 10.13.6 and after use "git2 in terminal
I'm reading some threads about this off-topic nvidia part but I don't find the key. I'm not asking about Nvidia configuration.
Regards and thank you!!

I have no plans of covering/supporting any system with other than HD3000 graphics.

Hi! Thanks for the answer!!

My external graphics card is off my motherboard. I have removed all external cards, firewire, graphics, wifi, ... My BIOS is set to use internal graphics. So this is my build:

DESKTOP:

Intel i7 2600k 3.40ghz
Intel HD 3000
SSD 250gb Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
CLOVER UEFI Boot

I do the USB installer 10.13.4:

Option 1 (MBR, two partitions):

The output of the operation looks like this:

Personally, I use my own build/fork of Clover: https://github.com/RehabMan/Clover

I downloaded this Clover:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Then I Installed it with this MBR UEFI configuration:

After obtaining the Clover installer, first task is to install to the USB "CLOVER EFI" partition.

For Clover UEFI, run the Clover Installer package:

- if using MBR, select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- if using GPT, select the target of the install to "install_osx" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)
- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
- check "BGM" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
- check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" or "AptioMemoryFix.efi" from Drivers64UEFI
- most systems will work without DataHubDxe-64.efi, but some may require it

I use "OsxAptioFixDrv-64".
I work without DataHubDxe-64.efi
I delete some .efi (installed by clover I don't know why) files and I paste HFSPlus.efi to get this:

The resulting drivers64UEFI should look something like this:

And I paste in "other" this .kext:

A typical EFI/Clover/kexts would look like this:

And I use:

My next step was start with the "createinstallmedia" steps so I didn't do this (I understand I haven't to do it because of my build, perhaps I misunderstood):

DVMT-prealloc on Broadwell/Skylake/Kaby Lake

The Broadwell and Skylake graphics kexts provided by Apple require DVMT-prealloc to be set 64mb or larger. Many laptops set it by default to 32mb, which is not large enough and will cause a KP (kernel panic).

There are ways to set it even if your BIOS does not provide the option, but they are somewhat risky. You can find links to these methods in the laptop FAQ.

Since most laptops come with inadequate DVMT-prealloc, all the plists linked by this guide have a patch for 32MB DVMT-prealloc, enabled by default. You can read about how that patch works here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lensize-patch-with-32mb-dvmt-prealloc.221506/

If your laptop has DVMT-prealloc set as required (64MB or 128MB), you should disable or remove the 32MB patch.

Also, once you enable the patch, you still may have panic... It is because Clover cannot patch a kext that loads outside of kernel cache, and these graphics kexts may not be in cache. To work around this problem, use an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678). DO NOT use a bogus FakeID, as that will defeat the purpose. Once you are able to boot with the invalid ig-platform-id, rebuild cache, then boot normally with your intended ig-platform-id.

You can rebuild cache in Terminal:

Or shorthand in 10.11+

Alternately, you can use IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext, which implements the 32MB DVMT-prealloc patch.

It is available here:
https://github.com/BarbaraPalvin/IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup

Note regarding CPU power management and SSDTs

If you're getting a panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and/or SMC_ACPI_PlatformPlugin it may be related to your OEM CPU power management related SSDTs.

Some systems may need to drop some of the OEM SSDTs. This happens most frequently with Sandy Bridge systems (but not all). There are two configurations for DropTables in the provided config.plist files. The default is minimal. The alternate is named #DropTables and is a bit more aggressive. Each configuration resides in config.plist/ACPI. You can use the alternate by renaming DropTables->##DropTables and renaming #DropTables->DropTables (in that order). Depending on how the OEM labels the tables, this may or may not work. If you still have issues, set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true. You will need to set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=true (or the individual CStates/PStates=true) to use DropOem=true or the alternate DropTables.

Always use a plist editor (such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro) to edit config.plist.

I started my computer with the installation USB avoiding APFS conversion in minstallconfig.xml in the installation:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-update-or-fresh-install.232855/#post-1602625

Fresh install scenario (or update), modifying minstallconfig.xml using vi

Refer to this guide for an overview of the installation process from USB:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The process involves creating an installer USB with createinstallmedia, then booting that USB (via Clover on the same USB). You then run the installer, create an HFS+J partition suitable for macOS with Disk Utility, then point the installer to that partition.

Even though you create a new HFS+J partition, if the target is an SSD, the installer will still convert it to APFS.

To avoid that, after running the installer, and upon the first reboot where you would be normally directing Clover to boot the next stage of the installer by selecting "Boot macOS Install from ...", instead, boot the "install_osx" partition on USB again. When that is finished booting, choose Terminal from the Utilities menu.

Now, in Terminal, navigate to your target volume:

Now, still in Terminal, edit the minstallconfig.xml file with vi:

You will find code:

Your goal is to change the true to false.

If you know how to use vi, this will not be a problem. Otherwise, follow the instructions below very carefully:
- arrow such that the cursor is at the 't' in 'true'
- press the Del key (forward delete) four times (this removes 'true')
- press i (this puts vi into insert mode)
- type 'false' (without the quotes)
- press Esc (this takes vi out of insert mode)

The result should look like:
No other changes should be made.

If the file looks good:
- press ':wq' (without the quotes) and press enter (':wq' saves the file and exits vi)

If the file doesn't look right, don't save it:
- press ':q!' (without the quotes) and press enter

That's it! Now you're ready to quit Terminal, reboot, and continue the installation process by booting the "Boot macOS Install from ..." partition. When you're done, you'll have a fresh install on HFS+J instead of APFS.

I land to my desktop and I do this:

Installation of the tools and patching is easy provided the scripts and tools at the repository: https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-DH67XX-DSDT-Patch

To start, the developer tools must be installed. Run Terminal, and type:

You will be prompted to install the developer tools. Since you have internet working, you can choose to have it download and install them automatically. Do that before continuing.

After the developer tools are installed, we need to make a copy of the project on github.

In Terminal:

Now it is time to install some more tools and all the kexts that are required...

In Terminal:

The download.sh script will automatically gather the latest version of all tools (patchmatic, iasl, MaciASL) and all the kexts from bitbucket. The install_downloads.sh will automatically install them to the proper locations.

To finish the setup, we need a correctly patched DSDT/SSDT.

In Terminal:

The 'make' causes the patched files to be compiled (with iasl), the results placed in ./build.

Finally, 'make install', mounts the EFI partition, and copies the built files where they can be loaded by Clover (to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

Note: No actual patching of DSDT/SSDT is happening here. We are simply building an SSDT (SSDT-HACK.aml) which provides the necessary changes. This is becuase the DH67-series requires only minimal patching so a full patched DSDT is not needed.

Power Management

Use the ssdtPRgen.sh script by Pike R. Alpha: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

Instructions for using it are provided in the README.

The generated SSDT.aml should be placed on the EFI partition at /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml.

Based on the current instructions at the README, what follows is a synopsis...

To prepare, you only need to do the first two commands:

Then you can run the script:

When it asks if you want to copy to /Extra just respond 'n'. Same for opening ssdt.dsl... respond 'n'.

The results are at ~/Library/ssdtPRgen/SSDT.aml.

Copy that file to EFI partition, /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml

Also, be aware that hibernation (suspend to disk or S4 sleep) is not supported on hackintosh.

You should disable it:
Always check your hibernatemode after updates and disable it. System updates tend to re-enable it, although the trick above (making sleepimage a directory) tends to help.

Final config.plist

Up to now, you've been using the same config.plist we were using for installation. After all the APCI files are in place (previous two steps), you're ready to use the final config.plist from the DH67xx repo.

First, mount the EFI partition:
Then copy the file:
You could also copy the file using Finder.

After copying the config.plist from the repo to EFI/Clover/config.plist, you should customize the SMBIOS so you have a unique serial. You can use Clover Configurator to do this (use google to find/download it). DO NOT use Clover Configurator to edit your actual config.plist. Instead edit a "dummy" config.plist to create the SMBIOS data and then use copy/paste with a plist editor (I use Xcode) to copy the SMBIOS section into my active config.plist. Clover Configurator is too buggy and cannot be trusted with edits to your real config.plist.

Note: The config.plist in the repo is using Macmini5,1. It works. Personally, I use Macmini5,3. I don't think it matters.

Do not stop reading

Although most of the post-install tasks are done, continue to read this guide. It it has important information you should know about.

Be sure to visit "Known Problems", especially the instructions in the "Audio:" section. Typically, even after completing all the above tasks, audio will not work on the first reboot. You must follow the specific instructions in that section in order to get the audio kexts in cache.

In the case of a problem, don't bother asking about with without all files requested in "Problem Reporting".

Updates to the patch repositories

From time to time, updates may become available to the DH67xx repository. In the event of such updates, you may want to update your copies, and re-patch ACPI with the updates.

Since you're using git, it is easy...

In Terminal:

Then you can follow the instructions for updating config.plist or using 'make install' to copy the updated SSDT-HACK.aml.

Updates to kexts may happen at any time. You can download and install the latest versions manually (by going to their respective release sites), or by using ./download.sh, and ./install_downloads.sh.

What works

For now I have tested the following features:
- UEFI booting via Clover
- native USB2. I see in my System Report in USB only USB2.0 but nothing about USB 3.0 I try it installing USBInjectAll.kext and is the same. I don't know how to get the files AppleUSBXHCI.kext/AppleUSBEHCI.kext
- native audio with AppleHDA
- graphics for HD3000
- wired Ethernet
- Mac App Store working

Issues
-USB 3.0

-When I reboot it this is what happend:

When is starting with the progress bar and the logo when is arround 70% the screen turns black and the turns on again in the progress bar with the logo screen (a little smaller) and after this I landed on my desktop normally. I don't know what I have to do to fix this.

I attach some reporting files.
Thanks!!

Attachments

• REPORT2.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Issues
-USB 3.0

6-series USB3 is not natively supported on later than OS X Yosemite.
You should install a supported USB3 PCIe card (FL1100 based) and disable onboard (Renasas) USB3 (or ignore it and use only with Windows).
GenericUSBXHCI.kext can maybe be used for the Renasas USB3, but you will need to plug in devices prior to boot, and it may not even work with recent macOS as no one is maintaining it.

When is starting with the progress bar and the logo when is arround 70% the screen turns black and the turns on again in the progress bar with the logo screen (a little smaller)

Normal/as expected.

6-series USB3 is not natively supported on later than OS X Yosemite.
You should install a supported USB3 PCIe card (FL1100 based) and disable onboard (Renasas) USB3 (or ignore it and use only with Windows).
GenericUSBXHCI.kext can maybe be used for the Renasas USB3, but you will need to plug in devices prior to boot, and it may not even work with recent macOS as no one is maintaining it.

Normal/as expected.

Thanks a lot again!!

I try with GenericUSBHCI.kext and I erase USBInjectAll.kext . I plug a ExFat external Hard Disk and doesn't recognize it in USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 connections.
Do you think is better to use this build with Mavericks or Yosemite to get better performance?(I guess using clover is better).

When I use this build with Mavericks with Chimera boot loader sometimes I have problems to get my external Hard Disks on USB ports working well when I started my computer. Sometimes they worked without problems, sometimes I had to use disk Utility first aid to fix it and sometimes using programs or finder it takes some seconds to be available to open them (save, open, save as,...),... and I got used to having patience with that.

I hope you can advise me.
Regards!

I plug a ExFat external Hard Disk and doesn't recognize it in USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 connections.

The Intel USB2 ports should work just fine,... provided you followed the guide exactly as written.
If you have an issue with USB2, attach problem reporting files.

For Renasas USB3, must use GenericUSBXHCI.kext + *MUST* plug the device in *PRIOR* to booting.
Also, make sure you installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext correctly.
No way for me to verify without problem reporting files...

Do you think is better to use this build with Mavericks or Yosemite to get better performance?(I guess using clover is better).
When I use this build with Mavericks with Chimera boot loader

This guide only uses Clover.
Using other boot loaders is not supported in this thread,... any discussion of other boot loaders is off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back