Contribute
Register

[Guide] Upgrading to Lion (Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3 + GTX 460)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Success] Upgrading to Lion (GA-P67A-D3-B3 + Core i5 2500K)

My graphics card is listed as "Unknown nVidia card 0 MB". But my monitors work, so I don't really care.

Ok, so I got the same motherboard (F4 bios) and CPU you have listed on the guide. Only thing different is the video card (radeon hd 6850). I got 10.6.8 running without a problem, but when I boot from the installer partition I get a spinning beach ball over a grey screen.
I'm unable to get to the welcome screen of the installer. Any ideas?

rcdsystems said:
Ok, so I got the same motherboard (F4 bios) and CPU you have listed on the guide. Only thing different is the video card (radeon hd 6850). I got 10.6.8 running without a problem, but when I boot from the installer partition I get a spinning beach ball over a grey screen.

Before choosing the installer partition at the bootloader screen for your Hackintosh, type -v to enter verbose mode. Find out where the bootup freezes.

TheSmartGuy said:
rcdsystems said:

Before choosing the installer partition at the bootloader screen for your Hackintosh, type -v to enter verbose mode. Find out where the bootup freezes.

SOLVED!! The last message before the screen went blank was something about ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver, so I ran multibeast on the installer and added the FakeSMC kext to it.
Thanks for your help, TheSmartGuy!

Hey, I upgraded to 10.6.7 using your method and I havent gotten the output of the headphones to work....think I should solve that problem before upgrading? usb work but not aux

stagleton said:
Hey, I upgraded to 10.6.7 using your method and I havent gotten the output of the headphones to work....think I should solve that problem before upgrading? usb work but not aux

I haven't gotten that problem, but you might as well upgrade to Lion before trying to fix it, since upgrading seems to break audio stuff on Hackintoshes anyways.

I used this tutorial to install snow leopard and it worked. But I can´t upgrade to Lion. When I Boot the Installer Partition I always get a white screen with mouse scroll animation.

logo123 said:
I used this tutorial to install snow leopard and it worked. But I can´t upgrade to Lion. When I Boot the Installer Partition I always get a white screen with mouse scroll animation.

ok problem solved. FakeSMC.kext was missing in /S/L/E/

But after a few minutes the installation fails.

photolightfilms said:
how did u get the gtx 460 working ? i am not able to play videos ??? there just a black screen but the sound plays ....

I haven't gotten that problem before. Anyways, everything I did to make my graphics card work is in my Snow Leopard guide. viewtopic.php?f=81&t=26359

I tried pretty much every combination with AppleHDA and ALC88xxHDA and ALC889 but I cannot get my sound to work. Any ideas? I tried the rollback as well to no avail.

I installed Lion directly, not with help of SL, can that have some impact?

in my bios it says Azalia Codec wich I assume is the ALC card, or is this a different version?

My motherboard is GA-P67A-D3-B3 (rev. 1.0). (upgraded to F4, no DSDT, everything else is working great).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back