Register

<< Solved >> H370M Ventura install, no restart without verbose

Motherboard
Gigabyte H97N-WIFI
CPU
i3-4370
Graphics
HD 4600
I'm quite desperate after days of experiments.
On the Gigabyte H370M DS3H I have been testing on a Transcend 256 SSD. That works quite allright (with a test appleID).
But on the main SSD from Samsung (500 Gb 870 EVO), I cannot get my main appleID working properly.
Bothe were made from a clean install from usb.
It starts in verbose. it restarts in verbose. But when I remove verbose, it won't restart (but when I shut down first, it will start).

I even used the exact same EFI as the (smaller) transcend test SSD (only changed serials etc).
I really don't know what I have done wrong.
There seems to be some ahci problems in the verbose screenshot. But the proper working testSSd had that also an still booted.

Wel, I'm quite desperate! I hope a owner of a H370M or a moderator can have a look at it...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 4
  • systemhackintool.png
    systemhackintool.png
    156.5 KB · Views: 12
  • usbhackintool.png
    usbhackintool.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 11
  • diskshackintool.png
    diskshackintool.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1480.JPG
    IMG_1480.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 9
  • opencore-2024-03-23-110733.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
I'm quite desperate after days of experiments.
On the Gigabyte H370M DS3H I have been testing on a Transcend 256 SSD. That works quite allright (with a test appleID).
But on the main SSD from Samsung (500 Gb 870 EVO), I cannot get my main appleID working properly.
Bothe were made from a clean install from usb.
It starts in verbose. it restarts in verbose. But when I remove verbose, it won't restart (but when I shut down first, it will start).

I even used the exact same EFI as the (smaller) transcend test SSD (only changed serials etc).
I really don't know what I have done wrong.
There seems to be some ahci problems in the verbose screenshot. But the proper working testSSd had that also an still booted.

Wel, I'm quite desperate! I hope a owner of a H370M or a moderator can have a look at it...
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

I just found somewhere that with a H370M booting might crash if the keyboard or mouse is attached in Usb3.0 port.
Now I restarted with both in usb2.0 port and it works:)
Such a dumb thing has costed me days of work:(
Not sure if everything is ok now. I will check the verbose screen later!

Yeah, so everything works quite ok!.
So, although I made a perfect usbports.kext, during booting and before the kext is loaded, it can create some errors. In verbose, it boots anyway, but not without.
Thus, the simple solution with the H370 is:

Attach your mouse and keyboard to usb 2.0 ports. (And maybe als avoid using other usb connections during booting).
Problem solved:). But I don’t know how to put “Solved” in the title.

Yeah, so everything works quite ok!.
So, although I made a perfect usbports.kext, during booting and before the kext is loaded, it can create some errors. In verbose, it boots anyway, but not without.
Thus, the simple solution with the H370 is:

Attach your mouse and keyboard to usb 2.0 ports. (And maybe als avoid using other usb connections during booting).
Problem solved:). But I don’t know how to put “Solved” in the title.
going by the picture you have in post 1, your usb ports are not setup correctly

hs01 and ss01 should both be set to usb3

they are shared ports, just like your other hs and ss ports....

According to my checks with a usb 2.0 stick and a usb3.0 stick, all hs0 names were usb 2.0. All ss0 names were usb 3.0. So at the back, the computer has a usb port near the type C port, which is numbered 1. So, it is combined port hs01 and Ss01 (2.0 and 3.0). That seems to be allright? All ports with the same number have a combined ss0 and hs0… Or did you have another port/name/number in mind?

Attachments

• IMG_1379.jpeg
    IMG_1379.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
According to my checks with a usb 2.0 stick and a usb3.0 stick, all hs0 names were usb 2.0. All ss0 names were usb 3.0. So at the back, the computer has a usb port near the type C port, which is numbered 1. So, it is combined port hs01 and Ss01 (2.0 and 3.0). That seems to be allright? All ports with the same number have a combined ss0 and hs0… Or did you have another port/name/number in mind?
if HS01 goes green when when you put in a usb2 device in... and then SS01 goes green when you plug in a usb3 device... then both HS01 and SS01 should both be set as USB3

same goes for other ports, ie HS02 + SS02 etc etc

Back