Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> How to get XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition to work with Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MS-7918
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
HD 4600
Apparently this graphics card is supposed to work, but I can't figure out how to make that happen. I have an MSI z97 gaming 3 motherboard. I got the card installed okay, but the monitor would not come up on boot. I really need some help with this, I don't even know where to start looking.

UPDATE - I got it working, the only thing I had to do was flip the little switch on the side.
1609326571178.png

UPDATE - I got it working, the only thing I had to do was flip the little switch on the side.
View attachment 531773
The switch is usually to toggle the BIOS. Usually, one position is for stock settings, and the other position is for overclocking or flashing. They both should work if the card is from the factory. Technically, if you have a dual boot system, you can boot into Windows then download the working BIOS, then flash the non-working BIOS with the working copy so that both positions will be the same. Then you can experiment with modifying the settings on one position while keeping the other position as stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back