Contribute
Register

iMac g5 hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super_12 said:
that's awesome but umm a off topic question umm how do i install mac os snow leopard using iboot legacy on a imac 4,1 1.86 ghz with 2 g of ram
That is an Intel iMac.
You buy a Snow Leopard retail Disk and install it.
The tools on this site are not to be used on a real Mac you will break your machine!!

Thomth, I have some experience with modding the iMac G5 and may be able to help. For the most part I have converted them to external monitors (using parts from a 20" Cinema Display), however I briefly thought about putting an ECX (3.5" core 2 duo motherboard in the G5). In terms of the depth of the iMac G5, it varies, the iMac G5's design evolved considerably over time. The first generation iMac G5 is about 2" deep and the LCD attaches to the front panel of the case. This will not fit a standard mini itx, but actually has a decent amount of room. Just to let you know the ECX board (Keex-4020) did fit in the area below the LCD, however, I do not remember if it would have fit behind the LCD itself.
Sorry to reprise a long dead thread but I have a question about the iMac G5, which you have some experience. Would a NUC MB fit in the first generation iMac G5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back