Contribute
Register

intel 13900K iGPU (UHD 770) - is there ANY way to enable this, even with low resolution? (Using it as a KVM / LOM port: enhanced graphics not needed)

Motherboard
Z790 > Need make and full model name > See Rules!
CPU
i9-14900K
Graphics
RX 6600
Hello - I've read a lot of posts, and the clear consensus is that the 13900K iGPU (UHD 770) is not supported on a Hackintosh as there is no support for the UHD 770 in MacOS.

However, is there ANY way to spoof/modify the iGPU configuration in OpenCore so that this so that the port can be active and sending a video signal? Even if the graphics are low-res and poor.

I want to use the iGPU output (either HDMI or DisplayPort) as a KVM port which is intended for LOM (remote management). High quality graphics are not required for this.

System specs:
  • Asus Z790, 13900K, 64 GB RAM
  • AMD 6600 (dGPU - works great)

Thanks
Bob

Hello - I've read a lot of posts, and the clear consensus is that the 13900K iGPU (UHD 770) is not supported on a Hackintosh as there is no support for the UHD 770 in MacOS.

However, is there ANY way to spoof/modify the iGPU configuration in OpenCore so that this so that the port can be active and sending a video signal? Even if the graphics are low-res and poor.

I want to use the iGPU output (either HDMI or DisplayPort) as a KVM port which is intended for LOM (remote management). High quality graphics are not required for this.

System specs:
  • Asus Z790, 13900K, 64 GB RAM
  • AMD 6600 (dGPU - works great)

Thanks
Bob
it should display some form if image with no acceleration

How would I configure OpenCore? With no configuration applied, the Hackintosh won't boot if the iGPU port is connected to an external video device.

I would assume I would have to add it in OpenCore via "DeviceProperties", so it appears as an 'active' device on the system, and then further modify it to send out a low resolution video stream?

How would I configure OpenCore? With no configuration applied, the Hackintosh won't boot if the iGPU port is connected to an external video device.

I would assume I would have to add it in OpenCore via "DeviceProperties", so it appears as an 'active' device on the system, and then further modify it to send out a low resolution video stream?
boot-arg:
-igfxvesa
disables all hardware acceleration, should help

unfortunately this didn't work, had no impact.

Unless I applied it to the wrong spot.
I applied it to: NVRAM -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

Does the order of the boot arg matter? I had it last, after a few other things:
watchdog=0 -ctrsmt agdpmod=pikera -igfxvesa

unfortunately this didn't work, had no impact.

Unless I applied it to the wrong spot.
I applied it to: NVRAM -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

Does the order of the boot arg matter? I had it last, after a few other things:
watchdog=0 -ctrsmt agdpmod=pikera -igfxvesa
zip and upload your EFI

assuming you have setup igpu up in your bios?

This will be the first I shared my EFI. What do I need to mask besides the serial number?
Actually the bios is set to default to the iGPU. I could try changing that to the other option (Discrete GPU).

This will be the first I shared my EFI. What do I need to mask besides the serial number?
Actually the bios is set to use the iGPU. I could try changing that to the other option (Discrete GPU).
iGPU needs to be enabled

remove serial number, rom and mlb numbers (keep product name!)

iGPU needs to be enabled

remove serial number, rom and mlb numbers (keep product name!)
EFI attached, with those fields masked. Thanks for your help!
Generally everything works correctly. However, if you see anything that looks wacky (or unnecessary configurations/SSDTs/Kexts), feel free to point that out.
-Bob

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    39.4 MB · Views: 7
EFI attached, with those fields masked. Thanks for your help!
Generally everything works correctly. However, if you see anything that looks wacky (or unnecessary configurations/SSDTs/Kexts), feel free to point that out.
-Bob
should only have 15 ports in your USB setup
also it mentions MacPro7,1 when you are using iMac20,2, they need to be the same

add igfxonln=1 to boot arguments, it should force your display online

Back