Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Intel HD 4400 showing 1536MB but no GPU acceleration in monterey

You will just be moving the issue from one OS to another.

Have you tried using a different DP to HDMI cable or adapter?

Which display are you using?
Idk the specific model number but it's a Hisense TV (52.5 inches) it has 3 hdmi ports and no i dont have another dp to hdmi connector i got this one from my local market

Last edited:
@Middleman and @Edhawk
Thank you so so so much for your efforts what ended up working was downgrading to Big Sur. It actually fixed the issue :)

Good to hear you fixed/got around the IGPU issue.

This probably means you have an error in your OC setup that is specific to running Monterey. Now all you need to do is find the error and you can reinstall Monterey!

Good to hear you fixed/got around the IGPU issue.

This probably means you have an error in your OC setup that is specific to running Monterey. Now all you need to do is find the error and you can reinstall Monterey!
I only thing i changed was the smbios maybe some of the drivers or the kexts were causing all the problems. well nevermind i will make a time machine backup of my big sur installation and try upgrading to montery

I think it unlikely to have been the Drivers or Kexts that were causing the issue, if all you changed was the SMBIOS and that fixed the issue.

If the Drivers or Kexts were at fault you would most likely have the same issue in Big Sur or any other macOS version. But it is still good you managed to get it working again.

Back