Contribute
Register

LENOVO ThinkPad T420 i5 + iBoot 3.1 + OS X SL 10.6.3 WORKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, (Im new to Hackintosh system, so help me please! I really wanna learn)

I got Mac OS X Snow Leaopard 10.6.3 running on my ThinkPad T420, Video works as standard, Ethernet Nework recognized at installation and works fine, multi-touch mouse works with some gestures; sound, wireless, webcam not working yet, USB not tested

BUT:

Can't update to 10.6.8, try to update via combo update as tutorial say but when combo update finish block my screen and just tell me to power off the device and reboot, and can't install MultiBeast after update as tutorial say without rebooting!!! so when I reboot with iBoot CD and try run my Mac partition just crash and restart the laptop but show the following screen (see picture).

So i try a second time but this time after MAC OS X 10.6.3 installation run MultiBeast and choose the "EasyBeast" option installtion only and reboot, the BootLoader native on my HDD didn't work i need to use the iBoot CD and run my partition, everything boot up fine as before, so I try again the Combo Update 10.6.8 and crash in the same point???

- ANY IDEAS OF WHAT ELSE TO DO???
- ANY HELP WITH THE DRIVERS SUPPORT???

My Laptop Configuration is :
Manufacturer LENOVO
Product 4177-CTO
Model ThinkPad T420
Specification Intel Core i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Package (platform ID) Socket 988B rPGA (0x4)
Core Speed 797.5 MHz
BIOS Version 83ET46WW (1.16 ) (Date: 03/07/2011)
Memory 4Gb DDR3
Display Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+)
HDD 500 Gb SATA Toshiba 52K
Network Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
Network Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250 AGN
Network Intel Centrino WiMAX 6250
Sound Conexant 20672 SmartAudio HD
Webcam Integrated WebCam

Marco...

Attachments

• IMG_3706.JPG
    IMG_3706.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,962
  • IMG_3708.JPG
    IMG_3708.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,042
  • IMG_3709.JPG
    IMG_3709.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,600
I have had a few problems myself when going to anything higher than 10.6.7 with a core i3 and HD3000 GPU. A few things that at least get me a stable system.

boot from iboot and install osx
boot from iboot again and install combo update to 10.6.7 - don't reboot.
run multibeast and check easyboot, system utils options (plus any other kexts you need)
install bridgehelper then reboot.

if all goes to plan then you should be able to boot into 10.6.7 and you can then try running the update to 10.6.8. let us know how you get on.

Any updates on OSX/ Hackintosh compatability for the T420?

Use Updater Helper (Downloads here) then update 10.6.8

want lion to work

so I'm trying to get snow leopard working on my t420 and I'm having the same problems as the op.

Basically, I can get 10.6.3 installed and then I run multibeast, everything goes okay, but when I reboot, it goes to some sort of intel bios boot utility instead of the chimera (chameleon) bootloader as it should.

So like the op I use iBoot again, and it shows "Hibernate image is too old by ___ seconds. Use forcewake=y to override." I can get back in one more time and then every other boot hangs. This is without trying to upgrade.

Any help!?

I successfully installed vanilla Lion on My Lenovo T420.And now,i'm gonna start making it work :crazy:

Is the audio in this laptop working? The CX20672 Conexant 20672 chip? Native? Or with what kext?

I got Mac OS X Snow Leaopard 10.6.3 running on my ThinkPad T420, Video works as standard,

I have a Lenovo T420 with i5 and HD3000 1366x768 screen.

I need to run Snow Leopard as I have some Pro Apps that do not work properly in Mountain Lion and later.

I've managed to boot off iboot Legacy CD and installed Snow Leopard on the slim expander HD.

I can't get it to boot off the slim expander HD but can boot off the legacy CD ( which is connected via USB ).

It would be nice to boot off the HD but I could live with booting off the CD. I ran the post install bits but it still doesn't boot of HD.

My main problem is the display. Its only 1024 x 768. Is there a way to get Snow Leopard to work at 1366x768 and also is it possible

to get the external video port at the side to work as well with Snow Leopard? Don't mind if it stays at 10.6.3.

Thanks.

I have a Lenovo T420 with i5 and HD3000 1366x768 screen.

I need to run Snow Leopard as I have some Pro Apps that do not work properly in Mountain Lion and later.

I've managed to boot off iboot Legacy CD and installed Snow Leopard on the slim expander HD.

I can't get it to boot off the slim expander HD but can boot off the legacy CD ( which is connected via USB ).

It would be nice to boot off the HD but I could live with booting off the CD. I ran the post install bits but it still doesn't boot of HD.

My main problem is the display. Its only 1024 x 768. Is there a way to get Snow Leopard to work at 1366x768 and also is it possible

to get the external video port at the side to work as well with Snow Leopard? Don't mind if it stays at 10.6.3.

Thanks.

No HD3000 support until 10.6.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back