Contribute
Register

"macOS could not be installed on your computer" error after first reboot while doing fresh installation of High sierra.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra gaming Wifi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello guys,

Trying to install High sierra in 2023 on an old system for specifically using FCP 7. Initially used old downloaded dmg of high sierra, so got the error "This mac os installer is damaged" which i solved by changing the date to 2018 July and installed it on samsung 980 nvme . After the first reboot i ended up with the error "macOS could not be installed on your computer - The installer resources have expired. Quite the installer to restart your computer and try again". Tried updating to the proper time in terminal as well as BIOS, downloaded another installer from mac store but ending up with the same error. Can anyone help me out?
Z97X UD3H BK
RX 580
Core i7 4790k

Was this attempt a fresh install on a blank storage device, or did you have a later version of Mac OS than High Sierra on it? Did you use Clover or the OpenCore EFI boot loader? What SMBIOS did you use?

Was this attempt a fresh install on a blank storage device, or did you have a later version of Mac OS than High Sierra on it? Did you use Clover or the OpenCore EFI boot loader? What SMBIOS did you use?
Yes, it was an attempt to freshly install on a blank storage formatted to Mac os extended journaled. Tried using both clover and open core but that didnt solve my issue, so i did a work around. Installed it on another PC and booted with the installed disk and later cloned using carbon copy cloner. It worked!

What is your current build number of the MacOS High Sierra? (Latest was 17G14042.) Is your EFI boot loader Clover, or OpenCore? Are you using the older HFS+ filesystem, or the current APFS?

Back