Contribute
Register

Name the Next macOS (14.0)

Apple wouldn't look very good if they just sold an Intel Mac Pro then dropped support for it!. I just don't see that happening

Not sure what you mean, the last Intel Mac pro was released 2019. They won't update it for this year with an Intel processor. More likely it's an Apple Silicon M2 Ultra or higher.

The only upgrade I can see them allow in a Mac Pro over the studio is internal storage. I can't imagine they allow a GPU as it break the unified memory model.

It's time for a end data for Intel support. They either need to drop the Mac Pro completely or migrate to AS and announce end of support of Intel on some kind of timeline.

My vote is mammoth but we’ll see

I'm going with Sequoia.
Good choice. Have you been to Kings Canyon National Park ? For those that haven't seen them in person. A Sequoia is a type of Redwood tree found in Northern California and into Oregon that can live over 3000 years. Some are the largest trees anywhere in the world. I would still opt for Redwood, but only because it's easier to spell and pronounce.

General_Sherman_tree_looking_up-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever they name it, I just hope to God they go back to including a beautiful dynamic landscape wallpaper. I don‘t feel good when looking at the Ventura wallpaper. Redwood or Sonoma, please.

Last edited:
Whatever they name it, I just hope to God they go back to including a beautiful dynamic landscape wallpaper.
They're probably not going back to those wallpapers. The only option is to find one you like and to set that as your wallpaper. So, if it is Sonoma, find one you like online. Might take some searching but worth the effort.

cities_regions_vineyards_summer_sonoma_valley_sonoma_county_006_2000_1125.jpg

macOS Sonoma

Back