Contribute
Register

Need a build

Motherboard
Gigabyte H310M > Need full model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i3-9100F
Graphics
R5 230
I need a high end build possible to make mac os lion, mac os mountain lion, or max to max mac os maverick, any build suggestions is welcome and please help me with the necessary kexts needed to install it to. Thanks in advance.

I need a high end build possible to make mac os lion, mac os mountain lion, or max to max mac os maverick, any build suggestions is welcome and please help me with the necessary kexts needed to install it to. Thanks in advance.
high end builds won't run older versions of macOS

high end builds won't run older versions of macOS
High end was a mistake, rest all could be low as anyone can suggest any build as long as it supports the above mac os seamlessly without any hassle

High end was a mistake, rest all could be low as anyone can suggest any build as long as it supports the above mac os seamlessly without any hassle

You would have to buy old, se ond-hand hardware.

No hackintosh build is "seemless" . That's just the nature of the beast.

Best idea would be to look through some of our older Golden Builds.

I had already searched many builds but I was really confuse that's why I was here so that if anyone would have build a hackintosh so that I could copy their exact build and build my hackintosh in the same manner. Btw thanks for your advice

OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.6) up to High Sierra (10.13.x) works with a Sandy Bridge system
OS S Mountain Lion (10.8.2) up to macOS Catalina (10.15.x) works with Ivy Bridge system.
OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4) up to macOS Monterey (12.x) works with Haswell systems, depending on the SMBIOS used.

For an old version of OS X, I would recommend a secondhand Dell OptiPlex system. MT, SFF or MFF system depending on your other components & hard drive requirements. These old Dell systems can be obtained from eBay and are relatively inexpensive.

You need to be aware that the Sandy Bridge HD2500 IGPU's don't support OS X, you need a CPU with a HD3000 IGPU if you want to use it to drive a display. Otherwise you will need an old discrete GPU for OS X Lion to work.

Only the higher end Ivy Bridge CPU's support macOS, i.e. drive a display, using the HD4000 IGPU. Otherwise you will need an old discrete GPU for OS X Mountain Lion to work.

A Haswell CPU with a HD4400 or HD4600 will work in Mavericks. The HD4400 isn't natively supported but a simple fake device ID can enable it to work.

There are a number of guides for these old Dell systems with Starter EFI's for Clover/Chimera. Not too many guides for these older OS's using OpenCore.

OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.6) up to High Sierra (10.13.x) works with a Sandy Bridge system
OS S Mountain Lion (10.8.2) up to macOS Catalina (10.15.x) works with Ivy Bridge system.
OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4) up to macOS Monterey (12.x) works with Haswell systems, depending on the SMBIOS used.

For an old version of OS X, I would recommend a secondhand Dell OptiPlex system. MT, SFF or MFF system depending on your other components & hard drive requirements. These old Dell systems can be obtained from eBay and are relatively inexpensive.

You need to be aware that the Sandy Bridge HD2500 IGPU's don't support OS X, you need a CPU with a HD3000 IGPU if you want to use it to drive a display. Otherwise you will need an old discrete GPU for OS X Lion to work.

Only the higher end Ivy Bridge CPU's support macOS, i.e. drive a display, using the HD4000 IGPU. Otherwise you will need an old discrete GPU for OS X Mountain Lion to work.

A Haswell CPU with a HD4400 or HD4600 will work in Mavericks. The HD4400 isn't natively supported but a simple fake device ID can enable it to work.

There are a number of guides for these old Dell systems with Starter EFI's for Clover/Chimera. Not too many guides for these older OS's using OpenCore.
Really appreciated your efforts sir thank you very much, but my main concern is the exactly same hardware components if you could describe for example - cpu you could go for i7 2600k, etc. It would be really helpful as someone who has already built a system with the same configs so I could just copy his/her steps that's it. Btw again thanks for your efforts.

A Dell OptiPlex 790 SFF - i7-2600 would run the three OS X versions you want to use. These can be obtained for under £100 on eBay, with an SSD and 16GB of RAM.

Personally I would add a low profile AMD HD 5450 or HD 6450 discrete GPU (2GB version) so the OS looks and feels as good as it can. You also have the option of using dual monitors with the dGPU. I used both of these dGPU’s when running these OS’s. They are not plug and play, but are easy enough to get working.

You can install all three OS’s on the same SSD (240GB) and just select the OS you want to boot from the Clover boot screen, so no need for multiple OS boot drives. A single EFI would serve all three OS’s. You would then have space in the SFF OptiPlex case for a 3.5” drive (2TB) for Data storage, which if formatted as HFS+ would be accessible by all three OS’s.

Not really a true hackintosh, but get yourself an older 2009-2011 iMac for cheap, and you can load everything from 10.7 to Sonoma with OCLP. I got 15 MacOS versions on one 4TB drive. I picked up 19 imacs from a garage sale for US$150 (all ram and drives missing, only 4 pieces of non-broken front glass).

Holding down the option key:
IMG_2469-option.jpg

or booting with OCLP:
IMG_2467-OCLP.jpg

A Dell OptiPlex 790 SFF - i7-2600 would run the three OS X versions you want to use. These can be obtained for under £100 on eBay, with an SSD and 16GB of RAM.

Personally I would add a low profile AMD HD 5450 or HD 6450 discrete GPU (2GB version) so the OS looks and feels as good as it can. You also have the option of using dual monitors with the dGPU. I used both of these dGPU’s when running these OS’s. They are not plug and play, but are easy enough to get working.

You can install all three OS’s on the same SSD (240GB) and just select the OS you want to boot from the Clover boot screen, so no need for multiple OS boot drives. A single EFI would serve all three OS’s. You would then have space in the SFF OptiPlex case for a 3.5” drive (2TB) for Data storage, which if formatted as HFS+ would be accessible by all three OS’s.
Thanks a lot for this config which you listed of an i7 2nd gen cpu with integrated graphics, an suggestion from you about you for better performance glad you helped me.

Back