Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two-finger scrolling is very slow on my T440p. 'Trackpad Options' in Mojave doesn't work. Can I tweak sensitivity and/or inertia/speed in the kext?

Refer to *.dsl in VoodooPS2Controller github project.

Refer to *.dsl in VoodooPS2Controller github project.

Is there a breakdown for what changing the parameters will do? (Resolution, FingerZ, BogusDeltaThresh, etc...)

You can read the source code.
Source code as in 'VoodooPS2Controller.xcodeproj'? It didn't make me any wiser. I'm having issues with the cursor stuttering when swiping fast. Would also like to speed it up, and speed up the scroll. Can I do this by changing the values in 'SSDT-Thinkpad_Trackpad.dsl' and include it in the aml? (What values should I focus on?)

Source code as in 'VoodooPS2Controller.xcodeproj'? It didn't make me any wiser. I'm having issues with the cursor stuttering when swiping fast. Would also like to speed it up, and speed up the scroll. Can I do this by changing the values in 'SSDT-Thinkpad_Trackpad.dsl' and include it in the aml? (What values should I focus on?)

Been talking with jcsnider (who helped RehabMan with Thinkpad VoodooPS2Controller support) on the X1 Carbon (3rd) guide thread. Seems the X1 Carbon (3rd) also has issues with the swipe fast/stutter thing. I can confirm this as I just installed Mojave on my X1 over the weekend. It's very frustrating as everything else is working so well...but when the way you interact with the machine feels clunky, it's not an enjoyable experience.

Did you ever find a solution?

what do you mean by swiping fast? one finger or 2? left or right? up/down?
there are 2 Lenovo profiles that I played with - T460 and T420 - take a look at these -- 2 profiles (.dsl) with multipliers for scrolling vs just moving the cursor. you need to create a profile to match these properties. such as:
"device-properties" = {"RM,oem-table-id"="T420","RM,oem-id"="LENOVO"}

Hi Tluck,
Thanks for your reply.
Seems that both 1 finger (moving the pointer around the screen) and 2 finger swiping (as in scrolling down a web page) have the issue. Although two finger swiping seems even more problematic.

To try to describe the issue in more depth:
1 Finger - If I move my finger slowly across the trackpad, the pointer moves appropriately slow. Of is start to move my finger faster e.g. if I intend to move the pointer quickly from one side of the screen to the other, there is a point where the pointer suddenly stops/slows down and becomes very stuttery. If I slow my finger down again, the pointer then moves smoothly (but slowly)...it's frustrating as it actually does the opposite if what you are wanting. You want to move the pointer fast and far, but it refuses.
2 Finger - Basically feels like the same issue, although it seems even more acute. e.g. if viewing a long web page and I quickly want to two finger scroll down the page, the results is an almost total failure to scroll or very erratic start/stop scrolling...only slow finger movements can get the page to scroll with any confidence.

to summerize, moderate to fast finger movement does not seem to be recognised by the trackpad.

I'll look into your profiles.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Been talking with jcsnider (who helped RehabMan with Thinkpad VoodooPS2Controller support) on the X1 Carbon (3rd) guide thread. Seems the X1 Carbon (3rd) also has issues with the swipe fast/stutter thing. I can confirm this as I just installed Mojave on my X1 over the weekend. It's very frustrating as everything else is working so well...but when the way you interact with the machine feels clunky, it's not an enjoyable experience.

Did you ever find a solution?

I tried an old version of the controller, and the scroll app 'MOS'. This makes my laptop acceptable as a secondary pc, but I honestly regret going down the hackintosh route. The guides should warn about how horrible the scrolling is so people can buy a different laptop.

I tried an old version of the controller, and the scroll app 'MOS'. This makes my laptop acceptable as a secondary pc, but I honestly regret going down the hackintosh route. The guides should warn about how horrible the scrolling is so people can buy a different laptop.

I'm wondering if it's specific to Mojave. Otherwise I'm sure more people would have mentioned it. Was the issue the same in High Sierra?

Is there no faster way to update the values within the voodoo touchpad drivers without having to restart the machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back