Contribute
Register

No Boot in Clover

ok just to get this straight in my head: The Monterey USB's OpenCore config.plist injected the "-v" boot arg (and all other there definded boot args) into my Mojave Clover drive’s EFI even though the Mojave Clover drive was detached...? How? Or is the boot arg injected into the BIOS? I would so much like to understand.

About the panic: Can you work with the attached pics? I have taken stills from a video grab of the verbose boot process and tried to make it as readable as possible, but some screens are just to fast to grab...
you can see in image 9 that you have -v in your boot argument, so whatever you are booting from, you have -v in the config.plist

also looks like a graphics issue

zip and upload your EFI

Looks like you have several disks and probably have multiple boot loaders installed.
The likelihood is that you are not booting from the disk that you think you are.

The time stamp on the config.plist that you uploaded shows that it was last modified on 24 Apr 2022.

Suggest you disconnect all other disks before attempting further diagnostics.

I have a Mojave SSD, it is my main bootup disk (with EFI bootloader) - and it is one of two boot options defined in BIOS. The second BIOS boot option is my Mojave Backup SSD that gets erased and re-cloned by SuperDuper! weekly with the content of Mojave SSD, to make a backup clone in case the bootup disc fails; also on Mojave Backup SSD I added the EFI with bootloader manually to have it prepared as a backup bootup disk any time. All other disks are storage only. I disconnected the Mojave Backup SSD and up until now the panic has not reappeared. Do you have any idea on what could be the problem?

I will regress to clone my bootup & system disc manually for now via USB/external and keep it disconnected for now.

I have an identical backup solution on my „haus_k modern“ build and it also seemed to create trouble so I would be interested in what the problem is. I remember that I once got rid of all these problems by defining a single boot disk in Clover Configurator but I am not very interested into investing too much time into my old builds because...

... I need to update both builds to Monterey. I was just asking about this Mojave panic because the problem with the panic on my signature build appeared suddenly after my first attempt with the Monterey / OpenCore update, which miraculously injected the -v boot arg into my Clover's config.plist which is a complete mystery to me how this can happen. Please note that I did not use any of the disks I use on my Mojave build. I use an empty formatted SSD for the Monterey/OpenCore attempts, and a USB stick prepared according to the guide here.

Back