Contribute
Register

No install mac os option on hp z440

Motherboard
HP Z440
CPU
Xeon 1630v3 > Need full CPU model name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
GT 710 + Quadro K4000
Hello everyone, I'm trying to install macOS Sonoma on an HP Z440. I have a Z420 running Sonoma just fine, but I wanted to upgrade to a DDR4 system. Since I got the Z440 for free, I thought I would give it a try.

I built my config.plist with OpenCore and a proper tree. However, I can't see an "Install macOS" option when I load my USB. I see an "OpenCore (external) (dmg)" which loads the installer, but it sees no drives, probably because it's external. I've tried two community config.plist files as well, but with no luck. I should note that I'm planning to use a PCIe NVMe to M.2 adapter with a WD Blue 1TB drive that I already have installed.

yes I pressed space and set hide auxiliary to false

Attachments

• PXL_20240413_171110852.jpg
    PXL_20240413_171110852.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
There's no need to hide the version of OpenCore, really. This may actually be part of the problem and its solution…

Assuming you've checked the installer: What's the version of macOS you're trying to install?
Nvidia GPUs are not supported beyond High Sierra. And OpenCore won't let you touch an old OS unless you've set MinDate and MinVersion to -1 under UEFI>APFS.

There's no need to hide the version of OpenCore, really. This may actually be part of the problem and its solution…

Assuming you've checked the installer: What's the version of macOS you're trying to install?
Nvidia GPUs are not supported beyond High Sierra. And OpenCore won't let you touch an old OS unless you've set MinDate and MinVersion to -1 under UEFI>APFS.
I didn't realize that that was the opencore version. My bad. I'll unblr it and I'm using a gt710. The quadro k4000 that comes with the system didn't work in Mac OS

The GT710 won't work either; you need an AMD GPU.
What version of macOS are you trying to install with OpenCore 0.7.7? We're at 0.9.9, waiting for (drumroll…) 1.0.0.

The GT710 won't work either; you need an AMD GPU.
What version of macOS are you trying to install with OpenCore 0.7.7? We're at 0.9.9, waiting for (drumroll…) 1.0.0.
I'm trying sonoma which worked on a z420

Not with such an old version of OpenCore… Sonoma requires 0.9.3 or newer.

I suggest you start from scratch using the debug version of OpenCore 0.9.9; set Misc>Debug>SysReport: true, Target = 67. From the resulting log and SysReport (ACPI tables and list of PCI devices), you can then make suitable SSDTs for the system.

Back