CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! I've been trying to install macOS Big Sur on my HP Envy 750-114 (i5-6400, 12gb ram) and after a few days I've finally gotten to the OpenCore boot menu, but with no install macOS option, only MACOS (name of USB drive, if clicked does nothing) and Windows. I've looked around and I have not found a solution that works for me, I have tried setting mindate and minversion to -1 to no avail. Help!

I've provided my config.plist file as well.

Attachments

• config.plist
    27.5 KB · Views: 121
Hello! I've been trying to install macOS Big Sur on my HP Envy 750-114 (i5-6400, 12gb ram) and after a few days I've finally gotten to the OpenCore boot menu, but with no install macOS option, only MACOS (name of USB drive, if clicked does nothing) and Windows. I've looked around and I have not found a solution that works for me, I have tried setting mindate and minversion to -1 to no avail. Help!

I've provided my config.plist file as well.
You would need to post your EFI folder to get any real support, the config.plist by itself is only half the story. Also what Bios settings are you using?

Disable​

• Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLockunder Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

#Enable​

• VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB
  • SATA Mode: AHCI

#

For some reason it won't let me attach the entire EFI file, so of you will tell me I'd be happy to do it. Everything in BIOS is correct.

For some reason it won't let me attach the entire EFI file, so of you will tell me I'd be happy to do it. Everything in BIOS is correct.
You have to compress the file or else it’s too big to upload.

Sorry for the long reply, but here it is:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 109
Also if this changes anything, here is how my USB looks:

com.apple.recovery.boot (folder)
config.plist
EFI (folder)
OpenCore.efi

Sorry for the long reply, but here it is:

A quick look and it shows the OpenCore.efi and config.plist are missing from the EFI/OC directory the place they are supposed to be. Try it with them there and it might have the possibility of booting.

Also if this changes anything, here is how my USB looks:

com.apple.recovery.boot (folder)
config.plist
EFI (folder)
OpenCore.efi
Thanks for uploading your EFI folder and @SAC12345 is right. Your config.plist belongs in the OC folder and you are missing an essential file and need to add Opencore.efi to the Driver folder. If it still doesn't boot the kext order in your config.plist can possibly a difference, Lily should always be first, then VirtualSMC, Whatevergreen then your other kexts follow those. Try this last, otherwise your config.plist seems like you followed the guide pretty well.

Config.plist goes inside the OC Folder
Missing Config.plist.png

Driver Opencore.efi is missing here in the Driver Folder

Missing Boot Driver.png

Ok I'll try this now and I'll update you

I've tried this and I still don't have a boot option to install, and just to clarify if I did it correctly open core.efi goes in the drivers folder by openruntime.efi and HFSPlus.efi, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back