Contribute
Register

NootRX

• Disabled AlGreys' patch #20 & Enabled Shaneee's patch #21, which gave the better GB Metal score.
On AMD systems, even Shaneee's PAT patch decreases GPU performance by a bit. That could be the cause for the small margin in the benckmarks.

By the way, iMacPro1,1 black screen issue should be fixed with latest master.

@ExtremeXT Hi, I was reading about Ryzen 7000 'iGPU' (Zen 4 /RDNA2) last night, and some tech sites were suggesting that even if you enable iGPU on a 7000 series CPU, its not going to be that good because there are only 2 graphics cores. Is that right?.

Last edited:
@ExtremeXT Hi, I was reading about Ryzen 7000 'iGPU' (Zen 4 /RDNA2) last night, and some tech sites were suggesting that even if you enable iGPU on a 7000 series CPU, its not going to be that good because there are only 2 graphics core. Is that right?.
Likely, but you won't see those iGPUs working anytime soon.

NootRX This is great news no more SSDT-BRG0 or Device properties fix for 6900 XTXH

NootRX This is great news no more SSDT-BRG0 or Device properties fix for 6900 XTXH
Yes! Spoofing is an "unclean" way to get stuff working in my opinion.

Here is a screenshot showing the RX 6700 XT in VideoProc Converter

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 15.49.15.png

Here is a screenshot showing the RX 6700 XT in VideoProc Converter

View attachment 572871
Well, yes. No reason why it wouldn't work on a MacPro7,1 or iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. Just DRM is dysfunctional, reason is unknown. AMD probably encrypted some binaries to each ASIC (we're using mainly Navi 23 logic).

So I downloaded and added the latest NootRX release to my OC setup, as requested by @ExtremeXT . Switched from MacPro7,1 to the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS and can now boot the system successfully, i.e. no black screen issues with the iMacPro SMBIOS any more.

Ran a few Geekbench Metal tests and tried both the Shaneee and AlGrey AMD dGPU kernel patches. Shaneee's patch provides a 5K+ increase in GeekBench Metal scores compared to AlGray's patch, well that's what I am seeing on my system.

AlGrey Patch scores

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 19.03.12.png Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 19.04.33.png

Shaneee Patch scores

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 18.56.20.png Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 18.57.46.png

So the iMacPro scores are pretty much on a Par with the MacPro scores, subject to small variations.

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 19.16.42.png Table showing all the recent RX 6700 XT tests in Geekbench.

Scores vary from 147K to just under 160K with the only major difference being the SMBIOS and AMD Kernel Patch that is enabled. Slight fluctuations in the scores when AMD Power Gadget is running, 1-2K lower than when the app has been shut down. That is what is shown by the pair of test results shown for the two patches. Again this is fairy consistent.

System is running really well, no issues with the RX 6700 XT & NootRX.kext in Ventura. So hats off to the NootRX developers, you are doing a fantastic service for the Hackintosh world!

Is this kext avoid the need of spoofing the id of RX 6650 XT and 6950XT ?

Back