Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> "OCVAR: Emulated NVRAM load failed - Not found." error on OpenCore 0.8.8 bootable USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear @Edhawk,

Thank you for your reply!

I think you're confusing me with the author of this thread @tertaco!

I'm using only latest OC 0.8.8 (no Clover) on a USB stick as a boot manager to install and boot an UEFI installation of Windows 10/11 on M.2 NVMe SSD on a PC with a BIOS firmware (not UEFI firmware). So, I'm using the legacy boot method for OC.

The only error I receive from OC before loading the OC Picker list is:
OCVAR: Emulated NVRAM load failed - Not Found,
which I don't know how to deal with.

Would you help me with that?

Dear @Edhawk

Find here attached my EFI folder, please.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    917.4 KB · Views: 74
strange not to see any kexts in your kexts folder.....
As I said, I'm not using OC for loading MacOS, but Windows instead, so I don't need any kexts!

As I said, I'm not using OC for loading MacOS, but Windows instead, so I don't need any kexts!
windows does not need opencore to load, remove it then

I'm using and old BIOS based computer and I'm booting Windows from an NVMe drive, which is not recognizable by BIOS, so I need such a solution as OC to UEFI install and UEFI boot Windows!

So the only problem that I have is that I receive this error from OC before loading the OC Picker list:

So the only problem that I have is that I receive this error from OC before loading the OC Picker list:
I have moved your posts to a new thread in windows

no need to hijack another thread....

Hello to all.

The answer was much simpler than expected!

The cause for the "OCVAR: Emulated NVRAM load failed - Not found." error is that there is no nvram.plist file in the NVRAM folder.

To create one, you just need to select an OS entry in the OpenCore bootpicker and press CTRL+Enter.
After that you will not have this error anymore!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back