Contribute
Register

Only Have USB 3.0 Ports. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any fix for the "Still waiting on root device" error?

leerleer said:
npci=0x3000
or
npci=0x2000

Micky1979 said:
leerleer said:
npci=0x3000
or
npci=0x2000
Didn't work :( . Looked more into the error and it was "EHCI unable to take control from BIOS" then "Still waiting on root device". Are there anymore things I should try?

Disable onboard audio in bios. That worked for me. let me know if that works for u

mrjtang said:
Disable onboard audio in bios. That worked for me. let me know if that works for u
I'm trying that right now...

------EDIT------
Don't have Onboard Audio in my bios.

Any luck with this yet?

onkytonk said:
I will try rBoot as a last resort. If all else fails, I guess I'll just wait for official Ivy support with Mountain Lion hopefully.

Thank you.

Maybe there is something to try:

http://www.osx86.net/view/2817-usb_3.0_native.html

See and try to transplant in your USB stick.

The support for OSX Lion is ready, waiting for an update from Apple!!!

EDIT

Obviously you need the kernel from Macman in Download section (for eventual post-installation), but now the problem is to start installation, insist with rBoot, is only way for unsupported CPU

Bridge helper 5.0 has just been released with all native support for ivy bridge, hd4000 and USB 3.0. Going to give that a go today.

onkytonk said:
Bridge helper 5.0 has just been released with all native support for ivy bridge, hd4000 and USB 3.0. Going to give that a go today.

mmh,

but I was thinking, for start the installation with Lion 10.7.0, might need to add in support of Ivy Bridge on kernel 11.0 (xnu-1699.22.73). This to replace into your installation stick (else how do to start first time installation?).

Perhaps you need to make a request to Macman

EDIT
only kernel will not work HD4000 and USB 3.0, you need a kexts and perhaps even new smbios.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back