CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I really am at my wits end. The below attached files show my Opencore Logs and my EFI folder. I get stuck at

31:698 00:034 AAPL: #[EB.B.WFDW|!WF] Err(0xE) 0
31:733 00:034 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:DT] 2024-01-13T12:16:05
31:768 00:035 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] 2024-01-13T12:16:05

no matter what I do. I've tried everything here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...rnel-issues.html#stuck-on-eb-log-exitbs-start and even looked around this forum but to no avail. I hope this can still be fixed. Thanks for your help in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • opencore-2024-01-13-121533.txt
    256 KB · Views: 6
I really am at my wits end. The below attached files show my Opencore Logs and my EFI folder. I get stuck at

31:698 00:034 AAPL: #[EB.B.WFDW|!WF] Err(0xE) 0
31:733 00:034 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:DT] 2024-01-13T12:16:05
31:768 00:035 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] 2024-01-13T12:16:05

no matter what I do. I've tried everything here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...rnel-issues.html#stuck-on-eb-log-exitbs-start and even looked around this forum but to no avail. I hope this can still be fixed. Thanks for your help in advance.
any reason you are using MacPro7,1 and not iMac17,x ?

Last edited:
See if this edited config.plist gets you any further forward :

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    6 KB · Views: 10
Nope. Still got stuck at EXITBS:START

Well there is quite a lot that is "curious" about your EFI so it's not easy to spot what is stopping boot.

For a start I didn't see mention of which version of macOS you are trying.

Next, you have an alcid boot command but no AppleALC.kext.

I am not sure you need CpuTscSync.kext

As @Feartech says, an iMac17,x for Skylake - or even an iMac19,1 - system-definition would be better. Some later models utilized the Radeon Pro 580X GPU.

Finally I think you might need an SSDT-AWAC.aml or SSDT-RTCAWAC.aml in place to boot all.

Your error is showing you are not getting beyond initial boot to the switchover to OS.

:)

Well there is quite a lot that is "curious" about your EFI so it's not easy to spot what is stopping boot.

For a start I didn't see mention of which version of macOS you are trying.

Next, you have an alcid boot command but no AppleALC.kext.

I am not sure you need CpuTscSync.kext

As @Feartech says, an iMac17,x for Skylake - or even an iMac19,1 - system-definition would be better. Some later models utilized the Radeon Pro 580X GPU.

Finally I think you might need an SSDT-AWAC.aml or SSDT-RTCAWAC.aml in place to boot all.

Your error is showing you are not getting beyond initial boot to the switchover to OS.

:)
Going to try the above and report back soon

EDIT: It didnt work. I tried booting from an internal HDD where Big Sur was already installed from my old machine and from USB into a Ventura installer image. Added both boot logs to this response maybe that helps.

EDIT 2: Just looked at the logs myself a bit ad curiously, the whole error of EXITBS:START is missing even though it showed the same as before on my screen. Guess it didnt log that but why?

Attachments

• Internal HDD Boot Log.txt
    256 KB · Views: 4
  • USB Boot Log.txt
    256 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Going to try the above and report back soon

EDIT: It didnt work. I tried booting from an internal HDD where Big Sur was already installed from my old machine and from USB into a Ventura installer image. Added both boot logs to this response maybe that helps.

EDIT 2: Just looked at the logs myself a bit ad curiously, the whole error of EXITBS:START is missing even though it showed the same as before on my screen. Guess it didnt log that but why?

Perhaps zip and upload the new EFI folder with the amendments you've made so we can check it again?

Whoops sorry :)
iMac19,1 is for a CoffeLake system

XhciPortLimit should be disabled if you have setup your USB Ports correctly

out of interest, what is the make and model of your SSD/NVME drive?

Back