Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 F23g
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
The authors of Lilu.kext as well as NvidiaGraphicsfixup.kext recommend quite strongly that these kexts be placed in the Clover../Other folder as opposed to the /Libgrary/Extension folder as Multibeast 10.0/10.1 has been configured to do. I gleaned this information directly from the support thread maintained by vit9696 on another "support universe" Hoping I do not offend anybody with this information.
In my case on my Skylake High Sierra build, placing these kexts into /Library/Extensions renders them ineffective, the same also happens with my High Sierra Haswell build. I can however not speak on behalf of any other build scenario. In the interim Lilu.kext
has also been updated to 1.2.1 in order to address, what appears, some serious issues.
Greets

MultiBeast will never install anything in Clover kexts folder.

The best solution is for Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsfixup.kext functionality to be added to Clover just like WhateverGreen.kext has done.

Until then, if you need it in there for your specific configuration you are on your own.

Closed, won't do.

The authors of Lilu.kext as well as NvidiaGraphicsfixup.kext recommend quite strongly that these kexts be placed in the Clover../Other folder as opposed to the /Libgrary/Extension folder as Multibeast 10.0/10.1 has been configured to do. I gleaned this information directly from the support thread maintained by vit9696 on another "support universe" Hoping I do not offend anybody with this information.
In my case on my Skylake High Sierra build, placing these kexts into /Library/Extensions renders them ineffective, the same also happens with my High Sierra Haswell build. I can however not speak on behalf of any other build scenario. In the interim Lilu.kext
has also been updated to 1.2.1 in order to address, what appears, some serious issues.
Greets
Interesting. When I was testing my Sapphire RX 580 Pulse graphics card, I put Luli and whatever kexts in /L/E/ folder, and they loaded/worked just find. So, I find your insanely reference is incorrect in there assumptions. (Bet they didn't try using KextBeast or whatever to put them in the /L/E/ folder.)

BTW, I have Nvidia Maxwell and Pascal cards, and never needed the NvidiaGraphicsfixup.kext. I recommend you post you the problem that caused you to use NvidiaGraphicsfixup.kext in the Graphics forum section.

Interesting. When I was testing my Sapphire RX 580 Pulse graphics card, I put Luli and whatever kexts in /L/E/ folder, and they loaded/worked just find. So, I find your insanely reference is incorrect in there assumptions. (Bet they didn't try using KextBeast or whatever to put them in the /L/E/ folder.)

BTW, I have Nvidia Maxwell and Pascal cards, and never needed the NvidiaGraphicsfixup.kext. I recommend you post you the problem that caused you to use NvidiaGraphicsfixup.kext in the Graphics forum section.

I will use the Clover../Other folder as recommended multiple times by vit9696 in his thread even emphasizing this requirement repeatedly to help others along. When I install these kexts with kextbeast to /Library/Extensions the result is that I boot into black screens. For me the topic is now a non issue, preferring to stay with what the developer recommends.

Good Morning Stork,
Now I've never tried with them in the directory /L*/E*/ , so they may work, but they may also fail to work. However the developers do recommend they be placed in the Clover kext folders for early injection. Since they do basically the same thing as clover graphics injection and kext connector patching. With that said I agree with MacMan Multibeast should always install to /L*/E*/ for debugging purposes. Additionally I don't see why folks can't place them in the clover folders when they fail to load(inject) properly when installed to /L*/E*/ . Personally I don't use them as I have moved on to using Mieze's DSDT(SSDT) patch that corrects the differences between the base address registers on AMD vBIOS, although I have tested them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back