Contribute
Register

Please help. i5 3570k OSX does not recognize the overclocked speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

Specs:
i5 3570k
Asrock Z77E-ITX
16gb DDR3-1600
Muskin M2Sata SSD 240gb

I just installed 10.11.4 using UniBeast 6 guide. Then, I ran MultiBeast El Capitan edition, select UEFI Clover, and my Audio kext, Smbios iMac13.2(i read on ****** that for z77 chipset and ivy bridge, many choose this profile), plugins for HWMonitor and nothing else.

The EIST is set to Disabled as well.

Can someone please help?

Try running ssdtPRGen.sh with the -turbo flag set to whatever your maximum turbo speed is (if turbo is disabled, use -frequency to specify your fixed clock speed). Put the SSDT file generated by the script in your Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. You can get it here: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

Note that "About This Mac" will always report the stock speed of your CPU; you'll need to use a benchmarking program or HWMonitor to see the real frequency.

I tried the above but it does not work. Do you have to install with Clover to get the overclocking option?

Same problem with i3570K. I changed Turbo Boast maximum from 3.8 GHz to 4.0 GHz.

In Windows, I see the CPU reaching 4.0 GHZ in Geekbench and +14% single +47% multi core performance.

In macOS, nothing, no Geekbench improvement, never going pass 3.8 GHz.

Try running ssdtPRGen.sh with the -turbo flag set to whatever your maximum turbo speed is (if turbo is disabled, use -frequency to specify your fixed clock speed). Put the SSDT file generated by the script in your Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. You can get it here: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

Note that "About This Mac" will always report the stock speed of your CPU; you'll need to use a benchmarking program or HWMonitor to see the real frequency.

Running ssdtPRGen.sh with -turbo 4000 helped me, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back