CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
Msi RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After a lot of delaying I finnaly switched from Clover to OC so I could go from Catalina to Monterey , had a few bumps and issues but got it running. The system runs and I didnt find any issue that something is not working like internet, sound or USB ports.
The issue I have is , since I am a photographer, if i run lightroom or photoshop that are a bit heavy the system freezes completly and I must pull the plug and restart it.
The Adobe package is up to date and payed so no issue with the softwear. I need help which logs to look at and what to search for ?

The specs are:
I7 6700k
MSI z170 MB
RX580 GPU

Could be PSU.

Run your hardware specs through an online PSU calculator and see what it says.

Could be overheating somewhere.

Its a 1000w PSU + I didnt change one thing on the hardwear side and had a hackintosh for the last 10 years, so that is not the issue

After a lot of delaying I finnaly switched from Clover to OC so I could go from Catalina to Monterey , had a few bumps and issues but got it running. The system runs and I didnt find any issue that something is not working like internet, sound or USB ports.
The issue I have is , since I am a photographer, if i run lightroom or photoshop that are a bit heavy the system freezes completly and I must pull the plug and restart it.
The Adobe package is up to date and payed so no issue with the softwear. I need help which logs to look at and what to search for ?

The specs are:
I7 6700k
MSI z170 MB
RX580 GPU
If you switch back to Clover does it still do it? You have some older components, could be somethings acting up. Are you monitoring temperatures of the various components? Could could be time for a spring cleaning, reapplication of thermal paste on your CPU or time to buy newer parts.

Back