Register

Snow Leopard 10.6 Installation Help Needed

Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 7770
I have an old 1155 motherboard (Asus P8Z77-V pro) with DVD Writer and dedicated Graphics card MSI Radeon HD7770 and Intel i7-3770K quad-core Ivy Bridge CPU.
I have the retail Snow Leopard DVD disk and Windows 7 DVD disk

Ideally, I would like to utilise both operating systems - but if not, Snow Leopard (and dont want to update to more recent OSx)

Given that its now 2023 - any advice on the best installation method to install for my above stated hardware setup?

Thanks

Does this mean I need to create ISO and scrap any ideas or using the DVD of Snow Leopard?
You can download the full installer pkg from Apple and make a Unibeast installer if you would like to go that route.

This Unibeast may work with Lion, not totally sure. I installed Lion over ten years ago now.

To use a SL DVD you would have to get Sandy Bridge or older Intel hardware. A SB CPU like an i5-2500K with HD3000 will work with the last point update of SL. Problem is that those older boards are fairly rare and expensive. Gigabyte is the best way to go for a SL motherboard.

Last edited:
I have an old hackintosh with the same processor. And the I7 3770K has a iGPU HD 4000 video card.
You can install a lot on a modern operating system. For example, Sierra High Sierra, Catalina or Big Sur.
I used opencore for bootloader. I have attached my EFI folder.
Video for i7 3770K
Good luck!!!

Attachments

• EFI 3770K.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 8
Back