Contribute
Register

Stuck here for a pretty long time

I cannot get any lower version of macos until and unless I make any hardware changes, am I getting you right?
Newer chipsets and graphics cards are not backwards compatible with many older OS X versions.

The software which I need to run requires macos 10.7,10.8,10.9
The best hardware choice for running macOS/ OS X 10.9 is the Intel Haswell based systems. There are many guides on this site for that era of hardware. Intel 8th and 9th gen chipset hardware. Here's the older BG.

We've found that the Dell Optiplex pre-builts work great with 10.9 through to the latest Sonoma. Gives you a lot of options for the OS choice. You can also run Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 on these with full driver support.

They won't be compatible with the older 10.7/10.8 OS.

Last edited:
The best hardware choice for running macOS/ OS X 10.9 is the Intel Haswell based systems. There are many guides on this site for that era of hardware. Intel 8th and 9th gen chipset hardware. Here's the older BG.

We've found that the Dell Optiplex pre-builts work great with 10.9 through to the latest Sonoma. Gives you a lot of options for the OS choice. You can also run Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 on these with full driver support.

They won't be compatible with the older 10.7/10.8 OS.
Ya I got you now maybe someday later I will purchase a built but as of now I cannot, and if my current build does not/ will not be able to support those old version then unfortunately I have to scrap up the project of building a hackintosh or maybe later I'll atleast try to build 10.13. Thanks a lot for your precious time and effort.

Back