Contribute
Register

Stuck in boot after Monterey install (OpenCore)

Motherboard
HP Elite Desk 800 G2
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody....

I'm trying to install Monterey on an Elite Desk 800 G2, with a i7-6700k.

SMBIOS set to iMac17,1 which is the only mac which got the i7-6700. NO GC right (that'll come later, probably a RX580), I'm using the iGPU via DisplayPort.

Using info from here and there (https://github.com/sakoula/HP-EliteDesk-800-G2-6700 for the BIOS settings), I managed to launch OC with the usb and install Monterey quite easily. But, just after that, when I boot on the SSD (Samsung 256Go SATA), the boot process begins, goes halfway and then hop, reboot. I managed to go verbose but got a lot of text on screen during boot and I can't catch info with that.

I've attached my EFI. Please help :) I'm not a total noob but let's say I was a HUUUUUGE unibeast fan ... huhu ...

ty very much !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10 MB · Views: 20
Your uploaded "EFI" folder is not correctly constructed. Inside that folder is an EFI folder that should be your EFI folder. It should be extracted from the outer containing folder and used by itself. In other words, your EFI folder should contain only a BOOT folder and an OC folder.

I question some things in the EFI/OC/ACPI folder and also some things in the config.plist, but until the first issue is fixed, there is not much point in detailed comments here.

OK, so I did that.. and it's the same.

Sorry i'm trying ... but my posts are being deleted, I got no clue why.

fourth try...?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 7
Read the forum rules, it's not rocket science.
???!!!! can you please tell me how to do what was asked, especially when you can't upload your EFI folder as asked ?? how I am supposed to post it then ?

Back