Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I tried updating to Catalina without tidying up the EFI folder, and assuming I had the most-recent-back-then version of Clover, but I have the 2.4

the still-Mojave-named boot from Clover launches the Apple logo, and the load animation goes all the way and gives me hope, but then moves on to a black screen.
Same happens when launching recovery installs from Clover.
I didn't keep my bootable USB key, so for now I'm stuck with black screens and not being able to run a terminal or post-intall goodies.

It could be that there are redundant or misplaced kexts in my EFI, and following solution
1. updating Clover
2. putting all kexts in the /other folder
seems like a potential fix to this.
I would like to get a shot at fixing this before I just delete everything and go for a fresh install.

My questions at this stage :

1. Is there a way to update Clover version via USB without a proper OS running ?
2. What would be the shortest way to build a bootable USB that gives me basic access into EFI organization ?

3. Should I rather finish (yes I already started) the OpenCore USB boot for a fresh install of Monterey instead ? Can't find a Success post with my Motherboard ref, so I'm a bit anxious, also with the USB mapping stuff. (but it's another story - maybe link to a good post about this would be nice too)

Back